2 years and 8 months after discharge...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 years and 8 months after discharge...

I didn't even try to get any credit on anything until 6 months ago. I figured it wasn't even worth trying... then I thought it was time to start rebuilding.

Now I have a major department store card with a $1000 limit, an unsecured, no-fee credit card (Cap One) with a $500 limit at 25% and, for some insane reason, I just signed a lease on a 2012 vehicle worth 27K. My credit score is just under 700. No cosigners on anything.

It has not even been 3 years since discharge.

Is this even close to normal? Why is this going so well?

Not that Im complaining... just not what I expected.

//

Congrats! I don't know if this is "normal" or not, as our BK hasn't closed yet, but I hope so!

Comment

It's normal it seems. I'm not even 2 years discharged, and I got a 2012 vehicle in March at 10%. I have a secured Cap One for $351, and they recently upped it to $451. My median score is close to 700, too.
      Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Yes, it is "normal" based on how aggressively you clean up your credit and try to obtain new credit lines. Even before I hit the 2 year mark my scores were over 700. I also now have over 100k in available credit and to be clear I have the credit that doesn't mean I have debt associated with it. :P Credit Unions have become my new best friend and I just refi'd my car loan (again) to 3.49%. It was at 21.9% a month after my discharge.

Once you control your credit and not let it control you... it becomes a viable tool (IE: learning how to make money on your credit with rewards). I just got a US Bank Cash+ rewards card and I'm super excited that it allows you to pick your rewards categories and it has a category for Utility Bills. So, just by running all my utility bills through this card (which I would have to pay every month regardless) I get 5% cash back.
        BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
        Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X