No announcement yet.

Ally Bank checking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was turned down for an Ally checking account just before filing for chapter 7. was also turned down for a Schwab checking account.
    Filed: 12/29/11
    341 Meeting: 1/23/12

Comment

thats just crazy. They eventually accepted me, but, whether ill keep an account with them or not I won't know for about a couple months. It took them close to 2 weeks to show my first bank transfer electronic deposit of a $1000. When I called they told me thats the case for all new accounts and it will get faster after the first 30 days has passed. Problem is the free checks and cashiers checks along with the other money savings perks, Plus the fact that they gave me a reasonably descent auto loan kinda wants me to stick with them.

Comment

Originally posted by 4thmouse View Post
        thats just crazy. They eventually accepted me, but, whether ill keep an account with them or not I won't know for about a couple months. It took them close to 2 weeks to show my first bank transfer electronic deposit of a $1000. When I called they told me thats the case for all new accounts and it will get faster after the first 30 days has passed. Problem is the free checks and cashiers checks along with the other money savings perks, Plus the fact that they gave me a reasonably descent auto loan kinda wants me to stick with them.
        That's been my experience with them as well. The deposits in the beginning are slow, but they do get better. There's also the problem that if someone gives you cash you can't deposit that. I had some cash on hand I wanted to deposit in order to cover some bills and ended up having to get a cashiers check from my previous bank to do an electronic deposit. Aside from that they are usually pretty quick with things.

Comment

It was a mistype btw, For anyone who reads this and is thinking about ally, It only took about a week. I don't know why I was thinking 2 weeks. Anyways, I plan on keeping a free account locally at another bank with maybe $50 balance, that I can use to transfer funds 2 and fro, But my current bank is going bye. Fortunately I rarely need money immediately and when I do it is only a few bucks that be handled via ATM. Seems though that my local banks want to charge for EVERYTHING.

couple days ago I asked for a copy of my current statement, They charged me $6 for 30 seconds of work, even already had the account pulled up for it. Also anytime I go into the bank there is one teller up front and a line, doesn't matter how long the line is. To top it off, They absolutely REFUSE to give me any type of credit, Even turned me down for Overdraft credit that they offer. This is a bank that I have 6 monthly direct deposits to and keep probably an average checking balance of $6 to $8K. Oh I can't wait to tell them why I am terminating my account.

Funny story, I had my youngest (6yrs) with me about a month ago in the bank lobby and I really needed to deposit a check that day. So I was waiting in line and had been waiting about 10 minutes when my youngest starts coughing. I knew that cough and walked my daughter to the nearest desk and asked to use the bathroom because my daughter was about to reveal her lunch. I get the typical response, Sorry, No public restrooms. I pleaded, for her to make an exception, Kid is really about to chuck and still NO. Just as we are starting to turn around my daughter lets it out all over the ladies desk, Chair and I pretty sure we got the lady a bit. OH I kinda felt sorry for them, But I picked up my daughter and got the heck out of there before anyone had a chance to say anything. Never to return to that branch again. Kept an eye out for the cops over the next couple weeks, Thought for sure I was gonna be arrested for a drive by barfing.

Comment

Originally posted by 4thmouse View Post
            It was a mistype btw, For anyone who reads this and is thinking about ally, It only took about a week. I don't know why I was thinking 2 weeks. Anyways, I plan on keeping a free account locally at another bank with maybe $50 balance, that I can use to transfer funds 2 and fro, But my current bank is going bye. Fortunately I rarely need money immediately and when I do it is only a few bucks that be handled via ATM. Seems though that my local banks want to charge for EVERYTHING.

couple days ago I asked for a copy of my current statement, They charged me $6 for 30 seconds of work, even already had the account pulled up for it. Also anytime I go into the bank there is one teller up front and a line, doesn't matter how long the line is. To top it off, They absolutely REFUSE to give me any type of credit, Even turned me down for Overdraft credit that they offer. This is a bank that I have 6 monthly direct deposits to and keep probably an average checking balance of $6 to $8K. Oh I can't wait to tell them why I am terminating my account.

Funny story, I had my youngest (6yrs) with me about a month ago in the bank lobby and I really needed to deposit a check that day. So I was waiting in line and had been waiting about 10 minutes when my youngest starts coughing. I knew that cough and walked my daughter to the nearest desk and asked to use the bathroom because my daughter was about to reveal her lunch. I get the typical response, Sorry, No public restrooms. I pleaded, for her to make an exception, Kid is really about to chuck and still NO. Just as we are starting to turn around my daughter lets it out all over the ladies desk, Chair and I pretty sure we got the lady a bit. OH I kinda felt sorry for them, But I picked up my daughter and got the heck out of there before anyone had a chance to say anything. Never to return to that branch again. Kept an eye out for the cops over the next couple weeks, Thought for sure I was gonna be arrested for a drive by barfing.
            LOL @ the drive by barfing.

Keeping another local account might be a good idea. My reasons for switching to Ally were very similar to yours. They started charging for everything and I had been with the bank for over 20 years. Kind of sad how service has declined. I realize everyone is in the business to make money, but if Ally offers these options it seems like other banks could as well.

Comment

Well, To anyone considering ALLY, I have been with them for a bit now. I have to say, the initial account setup wasn't as easy as I thought. I am really really happy with them. deposits now go thru quicker, bill payments are easy and I have not had a single issue with debit card fees or really fees of any kind. I can definitely recommend them.

Comment

Ok, I have to take back everything I said about Ally. Horrible bank. On Friday they put a $1000 hold on my account, cancelled my debit card, then locked me out of my online access. Not once did they bother to notify me of any of this and after 4 phone calls it's still not resolved. Still don't know why they did it, but I'm already in the process of switching to another bank. Of course all of this also happened before I had a chance to put gas in the car (which I would have used the debit card for) or withdraw any cash. I guess the moral of my frustration is to make sure you have some hidden cash at all times. This is one of the reasons a credit card would have come in handy.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X