top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow, Wells Fargo gave me no-fee $3K unsecured!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, Wells Fargo gave me no-fee $3K unsecured!

They rejected me at 6 months post-discharge, but now that I am over 2 years post-discharge they approved me. Probably having a few other CC's and paying them on time helped. That, or having $40K in an IRA there. I plan to use the CC only for accidental overdraft, although I may use the overdraft as a temporary loan as I can't get to my Roth IRA without a penalty until 2015.

Now I need to just not use it to buy something totally unnecessary and simply keep transferring the balance, ad nauseum (like I would do in the "old days" ).

That's very cool! Congrats!

Which bureau(s) did they pull?
    BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
    Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Wow! Nice work! What are your scores? Do you have any other accounts with them, such as checking or savings? Did you apply online or through your branch? Was it the rewards or cash back card?
      Last edited by Epic; 10-29-2012, 04:55 PM.
      BK7 - Discharged May 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Epic View Post
        Wow! Nice work! What are your scores? Do you have any other accounts with them, such as checking or savings? Did you apply online or through your branch? Was it the rewards or cash back card?
        Applied online after I was told that the only way to get overdraft protection was to have a Wells Fargo CC. Figured what the heck. My Wells Fargo checking account went down to about -$0.60 (i.e., overdrawn.) Amazingly I was not hit with any fees, nor did that last transaction bounce. (Evidently, the fees start at $5 overdrawn.)

Credit Karma says 676.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X