Experian All Three Credit Reports and Scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experian All Three Credit Reports and Scores

I noticed on Experian's website they'll give you all three credit reports with scores for $39.95. Has anyone done this?

I'm looking for the best way to get all three credit reports and scores. Should I just pay each one? Any advice?

BTW, I did get my free credit reports from each company about four months ago. I want to see how things are going 6 months after BK7.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuagraham View Post
      I've signed up for credit karma and credit.com. Right now the scores are about 50 points different. CK 642 - CC 588. I really want to know exactly were I'm at....

Comment

Revelations, 13: 16-17

He [the beast] also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead,
        so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.

Hmmmm...interesting how our credit score seems to meet the definition of "that mark."

Unless you get your credit score from FICO...every score offered by anyone else is a FAKO (e.g. it is that providers "version" of a credit score).

Bigger picture, there are FAR MORE important things for you to be doing with your time then worrying about your "devil's mark"

Comment

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother............................................ .................................................. ..................

Comment

LOL Ace, I feel your pain.

I would not suggest doing that. Experian will not even provide people their Experian FICO if you pay them for it. You can purchase your Equifax fico from myfico.com ... they also sell a TU score but its an outdated model and not really worth spending the money on.

You can also subscribe to certain places that will give you your FICO scores. For example, Digital Credit Union will give you your Equifax FICO monthly just for being a member. If you have a Walmart credit card, they will give you your Trans Union FICO monthly and if you are a member of Pennsylvania State Employees Credit Union, you can get your Experian FICO. That credit union is basically shut down for open membership though... the Experian FICO is the hardest one to get. If you apply for an American Express product and get denied they will also provide you with your Experian FICO with the denial letter.

Hope that helps a little bit.
            BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
            Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

I paid for the 3-Bureau and I'm happy with the scores for now. I know they aren't 100% accurate, but I can live with them as a measure of how I am doing right now (and what I need to dispute). I have put any scores I've ever received since adulthood into a spreadsheet and charted them. :-) Makes me feel better to see it rise, even if it is a companies best guess or average.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
                LOL Ace, I feel your pain.

I would not suggest doing that. Experian will not even provide people their Experian FICO if you pay them for it. You can purchase your Equifax fico from myfico.com ... they also sell a TU score but its an outdated model and not really worth spending the money on.

You can also subscribe to certain places that will give you your FICO scores. For example, Digital Credit Union will give you your Equifax FICO monthly just for being a member. If you have a Walmart credit card, they will give you your Trans Union FICO monthly and if you are a member of Pennsylvania State Employees Credit Union, you can get your Experian FICO. That credit union is basically shut down for open membership though... the Experian FICO is the hardest one to get. If you apply for an American Express product and get denied they will also provide you with your Experian FICO with the denial letter.

Hope that helps a little bit.
                Thank you...That's a lot of good information I didn't know.

Comment

Originally posted by wikkibird View Post
                  I paid for the 3-Bureau and I'm happy with the scores for now. I know they aren't 100% accurate, but I can live with them as a measure of how I am doing right now (and what I need to dispute). I have put any scores I've ever received since adulthood into a spreadsheet and charted them. :-) Makes me feel better to see it rise, even if it is a companies best guess or average.
                  Thank you....It looks like a way to see where you're at and clean up the reports and dispute errors.

Comment

For disputing errors, I highly recommend using physical paper copies of your credit reports obtained from the bureau directly. These sites like Credit Karma and the like may interpret codes and things on your credit report differently than they actually are. For example, I use a service called My Privacy Matters to check my 3 reports. It shows a bunch of my IIB accounts as "charged off". However, in reality there are not listed as such on my report. Its just because they are interpreting the account incorrectly. So, if I disputed that... it would come back verified probably because its actually reporting correctly.

You can obtain your actual paper copies by calling up the bureau and requesting it. The second best would be to obtain the online version of your report directly from the bureau itself as well. However, most people do not recommend doing disputes online as they do not get viewed by actual people. They opt for hand writing disputes and mailing them to ensure a paper trail and that it gets looked at by a real human. I, personally, have had fairly good luck disputing online ... but its an "at your own risk" sort of thing.
                    BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                    Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Originally posted by ace300s View Post
                      Thank you....It looks like a way to see where you're at and clean up the reports and dispute errors.
                      Exactly. Even if it's not 100% accurate, it was nice to see that I'm over 600 on average between the three of them. :-)

Comment

Your scores change all the time. The only way to make big changes quickly (besides the usual paying on time requirement) is to pay down the balances on revolving debt.

Are you applying for something that requires a specific score? Even so, they may not use the FICO model as mentioned above. Just continue doing the right things, and you will work you way back up

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X