Credit monitoring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit monitoring?

In the process of rebuilding is it smart to get one of the credit monitoring programs? My score on Creditkarma went way down as it reported something as a charge off, which I didn't even know the creditor. I am assuming it is a mistake. I don't want to start purchasing reports or anything (I did get a free credit report that didn't seem to have any errors like charge off's, everything was inc. in BK), and spending a lot of money on worrying about my credit score, but I would like to make sure it is going in the right direction.

So, do you all monitor your score - or just check it before you are ready to purchase something (ex. house, car).

Thanks!

Lyn

I dont bother monitoring. I personally wait until i am doing something such as making a purchase - but you must check it about 60-90 days out to give yourself enough time to fix the issue. You can do it for free. Makes the most sense to me.

Comment

I don't know why you'd pay for something you can do yourself. Sounds like a waste of money to me, but I guess that's just my opinion.

Comment

Thanks! I didn't know if the programs were good or not. I will pass for now. Thanks!

Comment

Costco offers Identity Guard, $10/mo for all 3 CB's with scores. Scores are pretty accurate to the big guns, they seemed to be within a point or two and saves me ton's of green every month. And you can pull your report and scores every 30 days.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X