Wells Fargo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wells Fargo

Hey Yall! I just have a quick question… My bankruptcy will have been discharged a year next month…. What are my chances are being approved for a small loan $1000 or less at Wells Fargo if I have been banking with them since 1998 and my accounts are in good standing? Just curious if anyone has any experience with them.

I am not sure what your chances are with them on the loan....

but personal opinion (after formerly having been a customer of theirs for 15 years)... run away, don't look back, and find a different bank, or far better yet a credit union. Some of the crap that they pulled is part of the reason that I ended up in BK....

Sorry just had to put my 2 cents in there... WF = EVIL

Comment

Really doubt it. Agree with goon, still have a bad taste in my mouth. Join a CU.

Comment

Thanks y'all!! I would love to join a credit union but since one of my bankrupt accounts was with a credit union it seems that I have been blacklisted....

Comment

Just because you burned one credit union does not mean you can't join others... there are LOTS of Bankruptcy friendly credit unions. Digital Credit Union, Navy Federal, Alliant, SDFCU... which CU did you BK?
          BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
          Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

IBM Credit Union

Comment

Hey Amy! Thanks for the advice... Digital Credit Union is not bankruptcy friendly... They turned me down for a loan because of that very reason.....just an FYI....

Comment

Originally posted by Rozi View Post
                Hey Amy! Thanks for the advice... Digital Credit Union is not bankruptcy friendly... They turned me down for a loan because of that very reason.....just an FYI....
                u applied way to soon

Comment

Originally posted by soccerguy View Post
                  u applied way to soon

What's too soon for DCU?
                  BK7 - Discharged May 2011

Comment

yea Soccerguy is right...DCU is very BK friendly. I'd say at least 6 months post discharge... I would definately ask them for a reconsideration Rozi or speak to a supervisor. You have been discharged almost a year and I would think that would be plenty of time. Maybe they just used it as an excuse for something else.
                    BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                    Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

I've heard many bad stories about wf here. But not in our case
                      We discharged over a year ago included couple of wf credit cards. Been with em over 10 years with personal and business acct.
                      we didn't have a single problem with em. Still have those same personal and business acct with em. Refinanced an auto loan with em few months ago for lower interest rate (save $100/month).
                      Lucky us I guess

Comment

Thats great to hear! What rate did WF offer you?
                        BK7 - Discharged May 2011

Comment

Original loan was 21% I believe. Refi with WF for 11%
                          Cap1 preapproved for 7% but the car must be less than 7 year old (mine is 7 and half)

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
                            Just because you burned one credit union does not mean you can't join others... there are LOTS of Bankruptcy friendly credit unions. Digital Credit Union, Navy Federal, Alliant, SDFCU... which CU did you BK?
                            That is so true. You might also consider trying a small regional credit union. I had both a business and personal checking account with one that I really liked and unfortunately had to end up BKing on them. However back while I was still in the bankrtupcy planning stage, I was able to open a business checking account with another local credit union, without any problem.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X