top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have luck with Capital One Recon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have luck with Capital One Recon?

I applied for a CapOne card and was approved for $500. Do you think I would have any luck in trying to get a recon on such a small line?
    BK7 - Discharged May 2011

Why bother.

Your balance will increase over time. basically, just charge $50, pay it off each month, you will be fine.

Comment

What's a recon?

Comment

Originally posted by joshuagraham View Post
        What's a recon?
        Reconsideration
        ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
        Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
          Why bother.

Your balance will increase over time. basically, just charge $50, pay it off each month, you will be fine.
          Because it's the GM card and with 5% rewards, it will help considerably with my purchase if I use this as my primary card.

Does CapOne auto-increase?
          BK7 - Discharged May 2011

Comment

Yes, they will auto increase.

Comment

Originally posted by Epic View Post
              I applied for a CapOne card and was approved for $500. Do you think I would have any luck in trying to get a recon on such a small line?
              Cap One is very good about auto-increasing. On my husband's paperwork when he received his card, it clearly stated that if he used the card and paid it off for a certain amount of months, there would be an automatic increase from $500.00 to $750.00, and that's exactly what happened. BTW, he didn't have a bk on his record, he just hadn't used credit for a long time.

Just use the card, pay it off immediately, and you will get increases!
              Filed BK 7 Pro Se: August 2010 341 Meeting: September 2010
              November 2010
              Closed: January 2011!!!

Comment

I just requested a request for a credit line increase yesterday from CapOne. I've been a model customer-last month I chaged $1700 and by the end of the month, had a credit balance because I make a payment with every purchase. I have a $750 credit line with an interest rate of 24.99%. I've been with them for 14 months and am out of chap 7 15 months. They said no and also refused to waive the $19 annual fee.

I did, however, apply yesterday, too, for an unsecured card from Navy Fed. They approved one with a $1000 credit line with a 13.99% interest rate. Not that I would ever pay any interest. I'm happy with Navy Fed.

And, I, just for yucks, applied for a Barclays card. They said they would send me a letter, which I guess means no. But one out of three is fine with me.

Next year, I'll cancel my Crapone card right before the annual fee rolls around, unless they give me a reason to stay with them.

Comment

Originally posted by HHM View Post
                  Yes, they will auto increase.
                  I've had a CapitalOne for 5 years and the only increase was $500 3 months after I got the card. My credit limit is $3500 and I generally charge about $100 a month. I have other cards so that could be a reason for no more increases and I've never asked for one either.

Logan

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X