Credit Report Clean Up Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Report Clean Up Question

I have some questions about cleaning up my credit report and hope someone can answer my questions or point me in the right direction.

Here's my history...BK7 filed in 02/12. BK7 was discharged in 06/12.

I had about 20 accounts open when I filed. All of the accounts were current at filing. No lates, collections, charge off's.

Now when I look at my credit reports now, it correctly shows all of the accounts closed, zero balance, and discharged in BK7. However some of the accounts now show 30,60,90 days late and then discharged in BK7. One account shows charged off even though it was discharged in BK7.

Here's my questions;

Should the 30,60,90 lates be on my credit report? The lates would be the 3 months between filing and discharge.

It's my understanding that the filing of BK7 stops everything. Is that correct?

And if I'm correct should I dispute the lates and the charge off? Does it matter in regards to my reports?

What exactly should the reports show in regards to my BK7.

Thanks

If you ordered your reports online, it may be worth trying to dispute them (it is as easy as a click) - i think this is a gray area. I am pretty sure they should not show lates, but i dont know where that assumption is coming from (i have no source to offer you).

I actually pulled my report this am (my first preapproval!!! - then denied - but i knew i would be...) and found on equifax (i havent done the other two yet) that all my lates were wiped before filing?!?! That or the consumer report just doesnt show them - which is very possible.

Comment

I had the 30,60,90 show up on my equifax and I disputed them, they refused to remove them, and the chargeoff status. However Transunion removed them all only showing unrated status. I disputed my car loan which (was reaffirmed and paid off} as it was showing up negative ( was nver Late) and all 3 bureaus just deleted it from my reports. I also disputed a authorized user account I was on and they removed it from all 3. So I would definately dispute cannot hurt. I found that if I disputed only 1 or 2 things at time they removed them.
      chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X