• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for your support, LITR.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctum1972 View Post
      I have a (((News Flash))) for you. I already have worked on what was needed to work on for the last few years. If you think I'm cheating 'da system' like you said, I'm not. The BK discharge was clean and professionally done by a lawyer I was assigned to years ago. I had good reason to do it at the time. The current landlord (or charity organization that runs this low-income housing for single people with disabilities) has always been professional and was flexible to my employment changes. Any employment changes I have, I've always reported to them. As for other income, I work independently at home as an artist and any income I make over $600 for that tax year is reported to the IRS, NOT the landlord because it's a different pay model. Not a bi-weekly or weekly paycheck. It does'nt work like that. Freelance work fluctuates greatly as clients come and go.

Part-time jobs or anything that is of bi-weekly or weekly pay is reported to the landlord, or any form of benefits, is figured in their rent. Anything that is fluctuating and not of fixed income usually is'nt figured in their rent and goes straight to the IRS, and I usually do this via PayPal's archives to keep track of it. I worked at the print shop PT job for two years until things got unstable there which I needed to jump off, one in which the employer "encouraged" me to do.

The landlord figured in my government benefit which goes towards mostly to the rent and other living necessities. The state approved it because I had old documents that I saved over the years and recent tests proving my case. The subsidized home I'm in was the only one available at the time I was trying to leave the homeless shelter and got my name on the list. You might not know this but the housing situation in VT is skewered. I'm sure it is like that in many places.

That goal is really about balancing my budget while trying to improve on other things, especially saving up so that I can move out of this small town in the future, and get my life back on track, even my career. Is this forum supposed to be about improving our credit while maintaining a budget?
      I have another (((News Flash))) for you, dear child: It appears that you are trying to perpetrate some type of fraud. If you would like to get advice on how to do that, go somewhere other than the BKForum.com. We do not give give advice, or support any type of schemes to perpetrate fraud or game the system.

I ALSO am contending with part-time jobs. I would LOVE to have a FT job. Can't do it as I am too old. Just got my most recent turn-down letter the day after Christmas--ain't THAT nice!
      Last edited by AngelinaCat; 01-25-2013, 06:00 PM.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

To our gracious OP: My friend, you came here for advice and free experience and advice was gifted you. Sometimes there is no convincing a mule to get up so you have to hit him with a 2X4 to get his attention. You have had the best advice you did not have to pay for. The price was right so take it or not. Your 2X4 will be a rude awakening. You will be worse than what you had to declare in your first bk7.

We have seen this before, you sir (or madame) really wasted time as your mind was made up before you came back here to post. You only wanted validation of your ill conceived idea of working a shell game with money you do not have. ANY FOOL knows that credit is stealing from future income. You will "snowball" into failure. I no longer will aid your ill conceived scheme. Bye.
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
          The forum is about rebuilding credit. The advice you have received is consistent with that topic. To rebuild credit, you must live within your means. Otherwise, you'll incur debt you can't pay and defeat any rebuilding efforts. You already have a credit card. If you want to rebuild your credit, get the balance down to less than 10% of the available credit and keep it there and make payments on time. You should not use your credit card for anything you don't have cash to pay for. Getting more credit cards when you are already having problems paying on one will not help you rebuild your credit.

Budgeting is a separate subject. Credit card use has no place in a budget. You can have a terrible credit rating and still successfully live within your budget.

Based on what you have told us here, your focus should not be on rebuilding credit. You need to focus on creating and living within a budget based on your income and increasing your income so you can better cover your living expenses.

And, FYI, all taxable income you earn must be reported to the IRS. $600 is a threashold at which your customers are required issue a 1099 to you. You are required to report every dollar you are paid, weather or not your receive a 1099.
          I'm aware of the taxable income part and always report it. Even if clients did'nt send a 1099 from a certain contracted job, I still report the earnings anyway. Like I said, I only have two credit cards. One which I'm working on paying off and trying not to use the card again. If I don't touch the card, then I can continue to focus on breaking that bill down. And if I earn more income down the road, then I'm sure it will make it easier to pay it off. I've always made payments on time with the card. The other card is in balance which is in good shape.

Currently, my car is'nt working so that's another issue I have to deal with, probably due to a part that was'nt functioning right. It's about ten years old now and it's in good shape considering, but of course, it does cost to maintain it time to time. I'll eventually have to get around to getting that dealt with. The only plus is that I don't usually take up too much gas and know how much driving I need to do.

So, we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
            To our gracious OP: My friend, you came here for advice and free experience and advice was gifted you. Sometimes there is no convincing a mule to get up so you have to hit him with a 2X4 to get his attention. You have had the best advice you did not have to pay for. The price was right so take it or not. Your 2X4 will be a rude awakening. You will be worse than what you had to declare in your first bk7.

We have seen this before, you sir (or madame) really wasted time as your mind was made up before you came back here to post. You only wanted validation of your ill conceived idea of working a shell game with money you do not have. ANY FOOL knows that credit is stealing from future income. You will "snowball" into failure. I no longer will aid your ill conceived scheme. Bye.
            Hub,

I've already responded to Lady in Red on this. The first bk7 was time consuming and took a lot of work while this debt I have is not as bad as the previous one. It's just ONE card out of two. I have no other card. Like LiR said, I have to bring it down to 10% and that's going to take a while.

Comment

My credit union was very helpful.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X