Credit Report Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Report Question

My Chapter 13 was discharged in January! I pulled my credit reports today. There are 3 items I have questions on.

My car loan shows it was discharged in bankruptcy. The car loan was paid off a year ago through the trustee. Is this status correct?

My Macy's account had a 0 balance when I filed and it has "debt included in bankruptcy never late". Should it be reported this way when I didn't owe them anything?

I had a student loan that I thought would not be discharged but it shows discharged in bankruptcy but it also has a Creditor statement that says closed due to transfer. It says discharged but is it really?

Thanks for your help.

The student loan people should have been notified with the discharge. My wife had a small student loan for 5K. I got a letter and payment book 3 months post discharge. Your auto loan? Your Macy's account should read discharged 13. I pulled my Credit report last month and I mailed a certified letter today to AMEX with a copy of my discharge decree and credit report and informed them they needed to correct this. You can dispute online through the agencies but I've read on here that a certified letter is the best way. It cost me $8 to mail it with signature confirmation but I think it's worth it to clean up my report.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X