I've been discovered!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been discovered!

Many here say they get credit card offers all the time but since my 5 years out of BK I have only received 1 and it was from HSBC (Barclay Card).
    Well yesterday I got an offer from Discover and since I just bought a home I assume that put my name in some database that discover picked up. I won't be applying but it will be interesting to see if the offers start piling on.
    Logan

Congratulations on the new home and the Discover preapproval!! Was it for the Discover It card? I read fairly good reviews on it, but I am not a Discover fan. I did not discharge them, I had one briefly... and I NEVER used it! There are just way to many places that do not take Discover:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
    Discharged: August 2010
    A life lesson well learned.

Comment

I received several offers, Discover is not bankruptcy friendly, they will cost you a hard inquiry on your credit report if you apply.
      chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Originally posted by iswmle View Post
        Congratulations on the new home and the Discover preapproval!! Was it for the Discover It card? I read fairly good reviews on it, but I am not a Discover fan. I did not discharge them, I had one briefly... and I NEVER used it! There are just way to many places that do not take Discover:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p06h47glDKc
        Yes it was Discovercard. I won't be applying but it's nice to be wanted

Comment

I am 5 years since my bk 7 discharged and received a Discover It card with $1000 credit line. Small limit but it's a start so it is possible to get one.
          Chapter 7 file 7/10/08....
          341 meeting 08/07/08....
          Discharge 10/08/08.....

Comment

Btw my score was 685 and they pulled equifax. I had 3 inquiries at the time.
            Chapter 7 file 7/10/08....
            341 meeting 08/07/08....
            Discharge 10/08/08.....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X