Credit Report questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Report questions

Since it looks like 6 to 12 months before I am finalized and closed, is it to early to pull my reports and start cleaning up anything that is incorrect?

Also, if you have been monitoring your reports, is Transunion always the lowest? Seems Transunion has been the lowest credit score when I ran them in the past.

I would be pulling my reports from the MyFico.com site. Or should I go directly to each credit agency?

Thanks
    Filed Chapter 7: Nov 2012, Discharged Feb 2013, Closed May 2014
    Post-Discharge:EQ: 665, EX: 716, TU: 674 (All Fakos)
    Current FICO Scores (1/1/15): Ex: 706, TU: 690, EQ: 676

Either get your free annual reports from annualcreditreport.com, or pay for them with the individual CRAs. You want the full reports, and MyFico is a 3rd-party report seller. 3rd party reports don't show all the info. They are fine for monitoring, but it's good to start with the whole thing. Some suggest having hard copies mailed to you rather than get them online with the individual 3.

If you are discharged, it's not too soon.

Comment

All three CRA have different information and the score will differ. TU is not consistently lower than EX or EQ for everyone. It's just the specifics of your report.

Myfico is used to get your FICO score for each CRA. It's expensive and I'd only recommend using them if you're house shopping.

You can get your credit report for free once a year from annualcreditreport.com. If you're turned down for credit, you can use the rejection letter to get a free credit report from whichever CRA they used. Or, you can buy a report directly from each CRA. I've always found a way to get a free report because I hate the idea of feeding the CRA monster.

I'm not sure of the policy here on bkforum regarding recommending other forums, but you can google around for credit rebuilding forums. If you're willing to spend time reading, you can work miracles on your credit report for the cost of certified mail at the post office.

I believe it's ok to start working on your credit if you're discharged, even if you're not closed.
      Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X