top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long to wait post discharge date to apply for a credit card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is a debit card, credit?
    Discharged- pro se- chapter 7~!

Comment

Originally posted by ksgirl38 View Post
      I applied for a Capitol One card 2 weeks after discharge and was able to get a $3000 limit. I didn't have any Capitol One cards included in my BK, but had one with them years before that I had voluntarily closed out.
      You were not on the Blacklist, I have a Capital One 360 Checking account (former ING Direct), I had $500 of overdraft with ING, and into the Capital One 360 merger straight through my bankruptcy filing, which included one Capital One Card. After discharge Capital One 360, withdrew my $500 of overdraft and did not tell me, just did it and gave no reason. I contacted them and they were not full of information or cordiality. I used the overdraft often, the APR was cents at the end of the month and I paid it back at the end of the month in full, obviously discharge changed their minds.

I am now on their blacklist and cannot even get a Secured Visa Card from them.

I really do not want another credit card, I can live life fine without them if it wasn't for my job which requires travel, companies should provide corporate credit cards but they do not do that much anymore, which put's pressure on employees to carry the burden.

Comment

Originally posted by RichM View Post
        Ditto on the PayPal business debit card. It's excellent.

As for credit cards, I suggest you call First Tech FCU and ask about their secured card, or visit any credit union you're eligible for and do the same. Many credit unions will work with you on establishing a secured credit card account, even if they don't "officially" offer one. If you're a veteran, try USAA. They have a variety of secured cards (as well as outstanding rates on auto insurance for vets).

-Richard
        USAA is great if you can get it, I am not a Vet so it's useless to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ccmisery View Post
          You were not on the Blacklist, I have a Capital One 360 Checking account (former ING Direct), I had $500 of overdraft with ING, and into the Capital One 360 merger straight through my bankruptcy filing, which included one Capital One Card. After discharge Capital One 360, withdrew my $500 of overdraft and did not tell me, just did it and gave no reason. I contacted them and they were not full of information or cordiality. I used the overdraft often, the APR was cents at the end of the month and I paid it back at the end of the month in full, obviously discharge changed their minds.

I am now on their blacklist and cannot even get a Secured Visa Card from them.

I really do not want another credit card, I can live life fine without them if it wasn't for my job which requires travel, companies should provide corporate credit cards but they do not do that much anymore, which put's pressure on employees to carry the burden.
          Capitol One bought out ING shortly after I switched my checking account over to them. I'm still not crazy about the idea, but don't really want to go through switching bank accounts yet again.

Comment

Originally posted by ksgirl38 View Post
            Capitol One bought out ING shortly after I switched my checking account over to them. I'm still not crazy about the idea, but don't really want to go through switching bank accounts yet again.
            ING was great, but it all soon went downhill with Capital One, I closed my account and while the overdraft was nice, it did not help me manage a budget by providing $500 I did not have, but it sure helped in emergencies. Oh well, I do not need two banks anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by CAbarista
              OP, I subscribe through Experian's credit monitoring service for $15/month and they actually have a section that tells me what credit cards I would be eligible for based on my existing credit score. It's not a guarantee, but it's helpful.

Credit Karma will do this for free.

Comment

Originally posted by angel7821 View Post
                Credit Karma will do this for free.
                Not accurate and does not apply to everyone, I verified that one already.

Comment

I got a Capital One, two days after discharge. No fees.
                  Starting to rebuild credit.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X