Barclaycard prescreen link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barclaycard prescreen link

I came across this link on another forum: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...Landing.action

I've been getting the "You're pre-selected for the new Barclaycard Rewards MasterCard" letters almost every week for the past couple of months, but I wasn't sure if my credit was "good enough" to apply yet, so I figured I'd wait. Then I came across the "Proactive Prescreen" link mentioned above, so I figured I would try it and see what it said (it says it will not impact your credit score). One person in the thread on the other forum said they had just been turned down for a Barclays card last month, but they applied for whichever card was suggested to them via that link, and they ended up getting approved.

I submitted my info on the prescreen page and it said I was pre-approved for the rewards card (the one I've been getting the letters about). It said to click the link if I wanted to accept the offer. So I clicked to accept it, and it brought me to the pre-screened application page. I still had to apply, but I didn't end up needing to use the pre-selection link from any of the letters I've received.

I had the feeling that after submitting the application, I would get a message saying that they needed more time to process it and that I'd get a letter in 7 to 10 days or something, but I was instantly approved!

I assume it would've been the same result whether I used that link or not, since I've been getting those letters about being pre-selected, but I thought other people might want to try that link and see if they're pre-screened for any Barclay cards. It's supposed to be a soft pull, but I can't say with 100% certainty that that's true until I check my credit reports.

Well, that is great news I guess.

I have to say that I have never heard anything about these so-called pre approved cards. I know that we had three hard pulls within a week trying to coerce us into buying a truck with the three in-town Monopoly Players. It didn't then; it isn't going to work now.....
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I suggest you check your credit report prior to any requests for credit, I made the mistake of not doing this, Barclay's denied me and I believe the reason is they used Experian who list's both my cars I reaffirmed as being negatives and part of my BK which is not the case. Of the three credit agencies only Trans Union had the info correct, Equifax had it wrong as well.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X