top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Credit cards survived BK, but I'm not getting statements in the mail. Should I call?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit cards survived BK, but I'm not getting statements in the mail. Should I call?

I have two zero-balance credit cards that have survived my BK. One is 10K and is from a CU. The other is 7K and from a different CU.

They both work. I've charged a tank of gas and like $40 of groceries on each. The problem is that I'm not getting statements in the mail. I can still pay my balance on-line using the account transfer feature of each CU, so I already paid both off before when the statement should have cut.

Should I call the CUs? I'm hesitant to because I feel like these cards may have survived by oversight and I wonder if they'll correct the issue by closing the account.

I've learned my lesson with credit and I have no intention of carrying a balance, but these are fairly old accounts with stellar payment history and good limits. They are surely helping my credit score, especially post-BK, so I don't want to lose them if I can.

Has anyone dealt with a similar issue?
    Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Originally posted by TXskyblue View Post
    I have two zero-balance credit cards that have survived my BK. One is 10K and is from a CU. The other is 7K and from a different CU.

They both work. I've charged a tank of gas and like $40 of groceries on each. The problem is that I'm not getting statements in the mail. I can still pay my balance on-line using the account transfer feature of each CU, so I already paid both off before when the statement should have cut.

Should I call the CUs? I'm hesitant to because I feel like these cards may have survived by oversight and I wonder if they'll correct the issue by closing the account.

I've learned my lesson with credit and I have no intention of carrying a balance, but these are fairly old accounts with stellar payment history and good limits. They are surely helping my credit score, especially post-BK, so I don't want to lose them if I can.

Has anyone dealt with a similar issue?
    Check online and see if there is an email option to receive your statements. If there is select that and see what happens.
    I had a card make it through BK and 6 years later I still have it.
    Logan

Comment

Also, do you really need a statement? Instead you could just set a date to pay your cards every month. I pay all my bills regardless of the due date on pay day so I often pay 2 or 3 weeks early.

Comment

From personal experience I would be careful. CUs are different from banks and some will still do business with you post BK "IF" you didn't cause them to lose money with your BK. CU's do differ from other CU's though. I work with at least 5 of them through our F&I dept. Some will consider loans post BK other make you wait 2 to 3 years after discharge. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X