Reporting to Credit agency's after Discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reporting to Credit agency's after Discharge

I received a letter in the mail from a "After bankruptcy" fixing group. Don't plan on doing anything with them but the letter included info I want to verify. It stated that any loan you have (i.e. car, cc or house) prior to bankruptcy that wasn't discharged no longer reports to the credit bureaus. Just wondering if this true. I did have 2 store cc, our house mortgage, and student loans were not included in the discharge so I'm wondering do these 4 places no longer report??

Originally posted by kcdunlap24 View Post
    I received a letter in the mail from a "After bankruptcy" fixing group. Don't plan on doing anything with them but the letter included info I want to verify. It stated that any loan you have (i.e. car, cc or house) prior to bankruptcy that wasn't discharged no longer reports to the credit bureaus.
    Actually, if they WERE discharged (included in bankruptcy), they stop reporting.

Just wondering if this true. I did have 2 store cc, our house mortgage, and student loans were not included in the discharge so I'm wondering do these 4 places no longer report??
    What do you mean when saying that the mortgage was not included in the discharge. Did you reaffirm? Reaffirmed loans could potentially report future payments but that is up to the lender. Your store CCs might report future activity but be prepared that they could close the account(s) once they find out about your BK. Not saying they will close - but many of them do.
    Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
    FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
    FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. I get confused about the state of the Mortgage; but I'm pretty sure we did what is common and did not reaffirm out mortgage. So, that one is currently not reporting. I did check on the the revolving cc and they are reporting so that's great and the student loans appear to be reporting. So, it is my mortgage and that one doesn't as the information appears. Thanks for the Information

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. I get confused about the state of the Mortgage; but I'm pretty sure we did what is common and did not reaffirm out mortgage. So, that one is currently not reporting. I did check on the the revolving cc and they are reporting so that's great and the student loans appear to be reporting. So, it is my mortgage and that one doesn't as the information appears. Thanks for the Information
        You're welcome!

It is very likely that your mortgage wasn't reaffirmed (basically, no one recommends reaffirming) and that's why it was discharged and stopped reporting (which isn't necessarily bad. Although it doesn't show your payments, it doesn't show up as a liability, either). If the store CCs had a $0-balance when you filed, they were not part of your BK and therefore, continue reporting. I had two CCs where this occurred, too.
        Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.

Comment

Turns out we did not reaffirm. Thanks again

Comment

Turns out we did not reaffirm. Thanks again
            My pleasure!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X