Second user on CC.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second user on CC.....

Has anyone post BK7 discharge been added to someone else's main credit card account as a secondary authorized user to help build your credit? Did it work? Any issues?

Thanks
    PG
    Filed Chapter 7: Nov 2012, Discharged Feb 2013, Closed May 2014
    Post-Discharge:EQ: 665, EX: 716, TU: 674 (All Fakos)
    Current FICO Scores (1/1/15): Ex: 706, TU: 690, EQ: 676

There was a discussion about this within the last couple of months. I do not remember who the posters were, or if being an authorized user helped or not.

You might try searching on 'authorized user' in the advanced search option, and see if something turns up.

I will look later when I have more time.
    Last edited by AngelinaCat; 10-31-2013, 06:12 AM.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

my mom added me as an auth user on two dif ccs. one showed up, another didnt. i think it did help my score, but i dont really know how much, because i dont look at it enough to give you a "yes, it increased my score by 100 pts" answer.

sometimes you get the entire history, sometimes not. it just depends on the card and how they report / if they report auth users.

GL

Comment

Yes, I'm an authorized user on a few of my wife's cards and it definitely helps. FICO supposedly knows if it is a relative or not so just being added by your next door neighbor shouldn't help but a family member should.
        I can tell you for sure it affects my length of history and available credit.
        Logan

Comment

AFAIK, there has been a change in regards to FICO scoring a couple of years ago. In the past, the added authorized user basically had the same advantage of the added TL as the original creditor. They changed that to start the "aging" of the account to the point where the account was actually added - so if you are added as an authorized user, it will be considered a new TL - IF I got that correctly.

However, I added my mum to a couple of my CCs after her discharge and it can confirm that it has a significant effect because these TLs will be considered when calculating the utilization - and we all know how important that is in regards to FICO-scoring.
          Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
          FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
          FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

I am an authorized user on one of my husband's credit card. It seems to count as my own trade line.
            Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
            Discharged: August 2010
            A life lesson well learned.

Comment

Originally posted by iswmle View Post
              I am an authorized user on one of my husband's credit card. It seems to count as my own trade line.
              Yep, and my wife recently opened a new credit card (2% cashback on everything) and my length of history dropped. As far as I can tell it affects me as much as my wife.

Logan

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X