Credit repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit repair

Has anybody had any experiences with this. A guy I work with gave me a name and # to call. Its a local company but he told me they got rid of BK on his report along with a few other things. He told me they send letters to validate a debt and if they cant produce the paperwork they have to take it off your report. Hes the only I've talked to about it and just figured I would ask on here. I always thought it was some kind of scam when I see that stuff online or tv but now knowing a friend thats done it I'm tempted to call the guy next week. Theirs always good information on here and just thought I would see what kind of responses reply.

I believe you can contact the credit bureaus, contest anything on your credit report & if they are unable to verify it, yes, they will remove it. However, you can do that process yourself for free. Obtain your free annual credit report, look it over & if there's something in error, then contest it. I doubt you're getting the whole story from your friend, especially removing the BK. Only possible thing I can think of in that regard is the bankruptcy timeline had expired & was still showing on his report. Lots of scams out there imply you can buy your way out of legitimate negative credit report entries / not going to happen! That's my opinion, I'm sure others will post similar thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by skyblue69 View Post
      I believe you can contact the credit bureaus, contest anything on your credit report & if they are unable to verify it, yes, they will remove it. However, you can do that process yourself for free. Obtain your free annual credit report, look it over & if there's something in error, then contest it. I doubt you're getting the whole story from your friend, especially removing the BK. Only possible thing I can think of in that regard is the bankruptcy timeline had expired & was still showing on his report. Lots of scams out there imply you can buy your way out of legitimate negative credit report entries / not going to happen! That's my opinion, I'm sure others will post similar thoughts.
      +1

In addition, validation of debts with original creditors, collection agencies, etc., for individual accounts on your credit report, is entirely different than getting the BK public record removed, that rarely happens. I would never pay anyone a ton of money to write a few letters.

I suggest you do some more research on how to clean up your credit report, and what you are legally entitled to have corrected and or removed. There are some threads on here, and you can also try the forum on MyFico.

Comment

I've always been told time is what helps your credit other than paying everything on time. I've never paid much attention to the credit repair stuff til I talked to somebody that actually did it, that's why I was asking.

Comment

credit repair companies dont do anything that you cannot do on your own. of course, they do have a bit more experience doing it - if they are legit. that being said - if your bk was recent, you dispute it, and it comes off, the next month is can reappear when it gets rereported. imo - dont waste your time. make sure it is CORRECT. then... start building good new credit to replace the old bad. and your score will come back up.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X