50 points in 6 months?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50 points in 6 months?

Is it possible? I have a car loan with 17 payments no lates. I kept the car after my chapter 7 BK which was discharged in 2/06. I will like to get a new motorcycle but need my scores to be at least 620-650 to qualify. is there a way? I already have a secured LOC and an Orchard CC. Thanks
    Orchard Bank Credit Card-(unsecured) $300.00
    Wescom Line of Credit-(secured) $500.00

The best way is to get your credit reports and begin disputing incorrect information. That is the quickest way to bring your scores up.

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaGirl
      The best way is to get your credit reports and begin disputing incorrect information. That is the quickest way to bring your scores up.
      That is correct. 4 months out of discharge, and my scores are already higher than I was pre-bk and before missing any payments, sitting on a pile of debt.

Comment

I don't think it is possible to predict how much a score will change over time. If your Orchard (based on your siggie) is not yet reporting, I've seen plenty post that their scores went up when they added a revolving line of credit.

If you take care of the new/good accounts, and make sure the old/bad are reporting correctly then it certainly SHOULD go up in time. No guess as to how much though!
        Discharged Chapter 7 09/05

Post Bankruptcy Credit:
        Target $200 (12/05)
        Capital One $500 (12/05)
        Hooters Mastercard $2000 (04/06)

Fico Scores: average of 646

Comment

Just cleaning up my credit report and getting a first premier card helped big time.
          Filed 09/05
          Discarged 1/2/06
          Closed 1/13/06

Comment

Originally posted by JeepMom
            Just cleaning up my credit report and getting a first premier card helped big time.
            I think I received an offer from them. It was highway robbery. I think they wanted like $300.00 up front for the card which included a processing fee, application fee, maintenance fee, and a participation fee! It was ridiculous. The app went straight to the shredder....

Comment

Yes, it's crazy, I paid $178 for $250 line of credit. I paid it though, in full the first month, only charged gas and paid it off every month. After 5 months I have canceld the card because I now have two much better cards.

Yea, it sucked but it was my only option to get credit fast. We intend on buying a house next summer.

You can either wait it out on good offers or pay to get quick offers.
              Filed 09/05
              Discarged 1/2/06
              Closed 1/13/06

Comment

Yes, it's crazy, I paid $178 for $250 line of credit. I paid it though, in full the first month, only charged gas and paid it off every month. After 5 months I have canceld the card because I now have two much better cards.

Yea, it sucked but it was my only option to get credit fast. We intend on buying a house next summer.

You can either wait it out on good offers or pay to get quick offers.
                So you only used one card to build your score and get those other cards?

Comment

I didn't start checking my score til after I filed, but saw a nice increase when the first revolving line reported. I think it went up like 30 points or so. When #2 and #3 went on, it only went up a few points each time. So my conclusion is that going from 0 to 1 is a big thing, and then 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 were just minor advances.

I do see small changes each month now. (I have Scorewatch with Equifax.) I guess that is due to time.
                  Discharged Chapter 7 09/05

Post Bankruptcy Credit:
                  Target $200 (12/05)
                  Capital One $500 (12/05)
                  Hooters Mastercard $2000 (04/06)

Fico Scores: average of 646

Comment

Originally posted by jaura6588
                    So you only used one card to build your score and get those other cards?

Correct. I also cleaned up my report. There are still some bad things on it but it's a lot better than it was before.
                    Filed 09/05
                    Discarged 1/2/06
                    Closed 1/13/06

Comment

Correct. I also cleaned up my report. There are still some bad things on it but it's a lot better than it was before.
                      how long did you wait before aplying for the next card after the first premire?

Comment

3 months at most.

I was discharged 1/13 and didn't apply for anything before that.

I've had hooters and dm for one billing cycle each. I got them within a week of each other. So it would have to be right around the 3 month mark.
                        Filed 09/05
                        Discarged 1/2/06
                        Closed 1/13/06

Comment

DH got a Household bank card and his score is going up as well. 15/points for making one payment.
                          Filed 09/05
                          Discarged 1/2/06
                          Closed 1/13/06

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X