Question about Equifax....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Equifax....

How are they about finishing their investigation within 30 days? They signed for my dispute letter on May 18, but I haven't heard back yet. I'll give them until Monday. Is the 30 day requirement business days, or are weekends included too?

It took them 42 days to get back to me.
    Orchard Bank Credit Card-(unsecured) $300.00
    Wescom Line of Credit-(secured) $500.00

Comment

I thought it was 45 days.

Comment

Originally posted by FilingOnMyOwn
        I thought it was 45 days.
        42 for me.
        Orchard Bank Credit Card-(unsecured) $300.00
        Wescom Line of Credit-(secured) $500.00

Comment

From Equifax:

4. Ensure the Error Is Fixed

Within 30 days (45 days if based upon your annual free credit file), the credit reporting company should notify you of the results of its investigation. You'll need to obtain a new copy of your credit report to ensure that the inaccuracies have been fixed or removed.

If the error has been fixed, you can have the credit reporting agency notify anyone who received the inaccurate report in the past six months (two years in the case of employers) of the corrections that have been made.
          *** THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE--ONLY A LAWYER CAN PROVIDE THAT. ***

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymuse
            (45 days if based upon your annual free credit file), .

Equifax may say that, but the law says 30 days....

I wonder why in the world it would matter if it were your free report? Does this mean that they openly admit to giving people a preference that purchase as opposed to those who don't?
            BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X