A little update...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little update...

...on my credit-scores (all FICOs) almost 4 years after filing for CH7. All derogatory TLs are gone and I have to say that my rebuilding from day one on has paid off. As of today, I have a reported credit utilization of about 35% - so there is still room for improvement. However, I have to say I'm happy so far.

Equifax: 686
    Experian: 720
    TransUnion: 724

So I can confirm - there is a life after BK.
    Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
    FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
    FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Originally posted by IBroke View Post
    ...on my credit-scores (all FICOs) almost 4 years after filing for CH7. All derogatory TLs are gone and I have to say that my rebuilding from day one on has paid off. As of today, I have a reported credit utilization of about 35% - so there is still room for improvement. However, I have to say I'm happy so far.

Equifax: 686
    Experian: 720
    TransUnion: 724

So I can confirm - there is a life after BK.
    Nice. I'm exactly 7 years from when I declared BK. I noticed last week that 2 trade lines dropped of my report included in BK. It will be interesting to see if my score changes after they all drop off.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan View Post
      Nice. I'm exactly 7 years from when I declared BK. I noticed last week that 2 trade lines dropped of my report included in BK. It will be interesting to see if my score changes after they all drop off.
      You'll probably get a nice little boost. When I applied for my auto-lease about 6 months ago, I still had a few derogatory accounts (4 or 5) on my report. My credit-utilization was close to what it is today. Since then, my score with Experian went up about 40 points, 10 on Equifax (although that's hard to compare because they switched scoring-models) and 20 on TransUnion.
      Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
      FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
      FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

In Oct. my bk will be 9 years old.
        I got my free credit repport in Jan. and all old chargeoffs and IIB's are gone and only accounts established post bk are reporting and the payment history is perfect.
        Last month I got a Discover cc and they give a free fico score. I understand it's a Transunion product. FWIW's worth, my score is 751 and the only derog's are, the public record of my bk and, no open installment loans. My mortgage was paid off in Jan. and the only auto loan I had was paid in full in 2011.
        Yes, time heals all wounds.

Comment

Originally posted by keepmine View Post
          In Oct. my bk will be 9 years old.
          I got my free credit repport in Jan. and all old chargeoffs and IIB's are gone and only accounts established post bk are reporting and the payment history is perfect.
          Last month I got a Discover cc and they give a free fico score. I understand it's a Transunion product. FWIW's worth, my score is 751 and the only derog's are, the public record of my bk and, no open installment loans. My mortgage was paid off in Jan. and the only auto loan I had was paid in full in 2011.
          Yes, time heals all wounds.
          I declared bk exactly 7 years ago. It was much easier to rebuild than I expected. I've already seen 2 cc's fall off my credit report an will enjoy the next few months watching the rest of them all drop off.
          Not sure of my scores but 1.5 years ago my mid score was in the 720's.
          And for those of you still rebuilding, I never carried a balance on a credit card and I never paid a dime of interest and my credit bounced back just fine.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X