Credit hit after walking away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by braincramp View Post
    I understand it's stupid but I have no other payments and I'm a car nut who tires of the same vehicle quickly. I don't spend money on other toys and I've taken 2 10 day vacations in my 62 years on the planet. Staying in a newer vehicle is the one vice I've still got.
    In your case; and at your age, I say "go for it". We only have one life (here on this earth). Enjoy it all you can, as life is too short. That is all I'm going to say about your desires, except, have more vacations and enjoy a new car. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
      BC: Let me explain, 35K is nothing. A paid for car gets better gas millage. Mrs. stated that my 11 year Jetta has actually 265K on it. I am not a pro mechanic but have the ability to learn. To date, I have dropped transmission pan and replaced solenoids, twice. VW solution was change transmission. Not reasonable.

I replaced both trans-axles for the fact of CV joints. Not an easy job but I did it myself and I am not an auto mechanic. You do what you have to do and the Internet has the ways to do anything.

That being said, I only have one alternator, one serpentine belt three batteries, one belt tentioner, and the major cost of one timing belt that I will not do. the next timing belt is next January. I consider my car reliable, but if I had to, it owes me nothing as it has been paid for and has given me fine service. I would trust it tomorrow to take me across Country if need be. Your idea of changing cars yearly is vanity. Never lease, buy, and pay off and fix things you can. One car payment you make equals many repairs you would make when needed. Bank that and drive the wheels off of that buggy. It will save you much money. It is the practical thing to do. http://putnam-fl-cemeteries.org/N92/Untitled_1.htm

Hub
      I also have an 11 year old VW Jetta, but I have always had the rule that I will never get under a car, as I have a fear of heavy things falling on me. Yes, those axles seem to wear out at around 100K, but my manual transmission has been solid (maybe I'm a great shifter!)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X