Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after BK7 what should your credit score be ..applying for credit

just as in subject:
    at what score should I be comfortable in applying for CC's, Capital one , say.

For Capital One, they have a link you can click that says, "See if you're pre-qualified." They will do a soft pull and tell you if you pre-qualify for a card without putting an inquiry on your credit report.

The lowest score I've seen approved by CapOne is 560, but I've also seen people in the 700s declined.
    Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

I had a 620 FICO after Discharge and could not get any secured or unsecured cards period. I also reaffirmed both a leased car and a financed car, leased car went back a few months ago with no late payments, as well my financed car is in good status, none of this made a difference in obtaining new credit post discharge (at least till not after 1 year), it's been just over a year now and I have received my first good CC offer with Merrick Bank.

I did receive several offers a month from the Capital One looking (should say deceiving) bank "Card One", almost thought it was Cap One till I looked at it harder. As well First Premier, both are insane APR, yearly fees and bill interest upon date of transaction. Not good CCs at all and went into the trash can. These both are also known as red flags for your credit reports from what I read and was told on other forums. Avoid at all cost.

Comment

I was in the same boat as CCMisery, could not get approved for anything, and I did not start trying until 6 months post BK. My scores after BK was in the mid 500s.
        Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
        Discharged: August 2010
        A life lesson well learned.

Comment

I almost fell for that Card One thing as well thinking it was Cap One. Looks exactly the same.

Originally posted by ccmisery View Post
          I had a 620 FICO after Discharge and could not get any secured or unsecured cards period. I also reaffirmed both a leased car and a financed car, leased car went back a few months ago with no late payments, as well my financed car is in good status, none of this made a difference in obtaining new credit post discharge (at least till not after 1 year), it's been just over a year now and I have received my first good CC offer with Merrick Bank.

I did receive several offers a month from the Capital One looking (should say deceiving) bank "Card One", almost thought it was Cap One till I looked at it harder. As well First Premier, both are insane APR, yearly fees and bill interest upon date of transaction. Not good CCs at all and went into the trash can. These both are also known as red flags for your credit reports from what I read and was told on other forums. Avoid at all cost.
          Filed ch7 6/7/14 Discharged 9/16/14 Case closed 10/1/14

Comment

Originally posted by scotthay View Post
            I almost fell for that Card One thing as well thinking it was Cap One. Looks exactly the same.
            Sorry I meant Credit One Bank, very similar to Capital One Bank, similar name and logo with the swoop, only a double take did I realize it was not Capital One.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X