top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Received My First Credit Card in Five Years!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Received My First Credit Card in Five Years!

Hi Everyone,

I completed my chapter 13 in December 2014 and decided that it's time to rebuild my credit. Last week I applied for a Capital One card and a Discover Card. I just received the Discover card in the mail! I have not received a response from Capital One But, I'm happy nonetheless. I'm excited to rebuild my credit this year. My plan is to keep the balance at 10% each month and pay off in full each month. Living off of cash for five years has given me a new perspective on managing my finances. My plan is to use credit only to build my score. My goals are to increase my credit score to above 700, obtain three cards, save $25,000, and buy a condo by January 2016.

Congrats on completing your plan !!!!! I seriously don't ever want another credit card .. All my good intentions in the past landed me in bankruptcy court. The I will never owe more than a certain amount snowballed into thousands.
    Its wonderful to have a goal in mind like your Condo.. Sounds like you have a sound plan to get to where you want to be ....
    Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
    Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
    Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

Congrats!! I got a Discover card last year, and it is one of my main cards. The other one is my PNC Cashbuilder. I think they both have amazing customer service, but I think PNC is nice to me because I have several products with them, have been a good customer, and my checking account is their top tier checking account. And it is more hit and miss.
      Discover is just plain nice in every conversation I have had with them.
      Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
      Discharged: August 2010
      A life lesson well learned.

Comment

Yeah! Your on your way to rebuilding!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X