Credit Scores for Capital One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Scores for Capital One

For those of you that used the Capital One Check for purschasing a car, If you don't mind what were your credit scores? I am trying to decide if I should surrender my vehicle but I'm nervous about how easy it will be to replace it after my discharge. My scores now are 498, 521, and 502. Please help me......My 341 is this Friday.
    Filed- May 31, 2006
    341 Meeting-July 7 , 2006-DONE!!
    DISCHARGED & CLOSED-SEPTEMBER 6, 2006

Your scores probably aren't good enough now to qualify. But that can change pretty quickly.

Comment

We applied for a loan with Cap One and then withdrew it because we got one with Ford Motor Credit but my husband's score was not much over 500 at the time(one month post-Bk discharge) and they were still going to fund our vehicle. The problem with Cap One is they dont give you a lot of leverage on the mileage, cost, etc. on the vehicle. We wanted an older truck for our son but could not find one to fit their criteria without paying a lot more money for the vehicle. That would have meant we would have had to pay more for his insurance as well so it didnt work for us but believe me if it had been the only one to finance one we would have. Since you have not had your 341 yet it is way too soon to be thinking about it. Your scores will definitely improve but it is going to take time - at least months after your case is discharged.

Comment

Who do they pull? Or do they pull all 3 bureaus?
        Orchard Bank Credit Card-(unsecured) $300.00
        Wescom Line of Credit-(secured) $500.00

Comment

I think my credit score was in the low 600's, and Capital One gave me a car loan at 5.99% for 20k. I was a little over a year out of bk.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X