Hi new here; Need some input please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi new here; Need some input please...

Hi new here filed 12/05 discharged 4/06 just trying to update my credit report and trying to figure out what is legally allowed and not allowed to be reported once bk is discharged.
    for example we signed our house back over to the bank (incl. it in bk) and it is listed with current negative remarks on our report with foreclosure proceedings started on it as of 7/06???? how can you forclose on something that is incl in bk? or is that the norm and it also lists account history shouldnt that be wiped off and all it says is incl. in bk with o balance?

Another thing our Verizon Wireless is listed with credit limit 571 recent showing o balance as of july 2006 and it says status: discharged through bk chap. 7/account charged off. Account history: debt incl in chap 7 bk
    are they allowed to say this?

i guess im just wondering if it should say incl in chap 7 bk 0 balance and have no credit history etc. or cant hey still have that showing how late you were etc...

love this forum i must say you all are very supportive of eachother and helpful. Great to be here! Thank you all for your time....

Can someone please give suggestions as to what to say in disputing these two issues (mtg & verizon wireless) as examples so i know how to go about the rest of the disputes we have with our cr rep. ty so much...

Comment

After you are discharged your credit report should say "included in bankruptcy" or "IIB" or "Bankruptcy Chapter 7 or 13".....

Many accounts will also say charged off, because they were charged off before you filed bankruptcy and sent to a collection department......

They should all have listed the high limit you were allowed to borrow and show a -0- balance due now....

The payment history will remain as it is as long as that is the way it was when you filed bankruptcy..... anything saying late, etc after bankrutpcy was filed is incorrect and needs to be disputed.

Hope this helps.

Feel free to ask anything, we'll help if we can...
      Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Originally posted by Minnymouth
        After you are discharged your credit report should say "included in bankruptcy" or "IIB" or "Bankruptcy Chapter 7 or 13".....

Many accounts will also say charged off, because they were charged off before you filed bankruptcy and sent to a collection department......

They should all have listed the high limit you were allowed to borrow and show a -0- balance due now....

The payment history will remain as it is as long as that is the way it was when you filed bankruptcy..... anything saying late, etc after bankrutpcy was filed is incorrect and needs to be disputed.

Hope this helps.

Feel free to ask anything, we'll help if we can...
        Ty so much for your reply....
        ok so if i understood you correctly:
        my mtg i can dispute becuz it doesnt say IIB and shows current lates with balance that should be 0.00

verizon wireless: they can say credit limit 571 recent 0
        BUT/account charged off. they cant
        Account history: debt incl in chap 7 bk

am i correct?

Comment

It may also say acct charged off and included in bankrutpcy both..... especially if the chargeoff was done before the bankrutpcy was filed..... just means they sold it to a collection agency..... Really won't affect your credit much saying that....

What you want to really look for is that "included in bankrutpcy" and make sure they have zero balances...... not a dollar amount or a blank entry......

Many will say:

IIB
          Included in bankruptcy
          Chapter 7 or Chapter 13
          Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X