top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple errors on credit report-can I fix with one letter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple errors on credit report-can I fix with one letter?

I see a bunch of stuff wrong on my credit report-I am just looking at Equifax right now so I have not checked the other two. Can I just send one letter to them and address all these problems?

This is what I found:

2 hard inquires from accounts I had during BK, that I did not authorize

One of my previous addresses is a PO box I never used.

Three accounts showing charge offs, that don't say "Included in Bankruptcy"

A Voluntary surrendered vehicle that shows Repossession, and does not say included in bankruptcy.

Should I also send a letter to the creditors? The biggest offender is my former credit union that has 2 accounts showing charge off and the repo.

Don't count on it.

I am now nearly 2 years out, and am STILL fighting with two companies.......
    BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

I usually write everything in one letter and everything gets attention, not always how I would like but yes, they do get addressed.
      Filed 09/05
      Discarged 1/2/06
      Closed 1/13/06

Comment

Im working on rebuilding our credit now and what i have done for each of us *(dh and i) is for each credit company(transunion,experian,equifax) i wrote letters stating what errors were on each individual report. (transunions errors were addressed in a letter from me to them with all the corrections i n eed done on my report, then same thing with dh and his transunion report a seperate letter disputing those errors and so on. Hope this helps and i didnt confuse ya.

Comment

Just make it very clear in the letter--use bullets or numbering to separate the paragraphers. Sometimes you need to take them through baby steps with this kind of thing.
          *** THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE--ONLY A LAWYER CAN PROVIDE THAT. ***

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymuse
            Just make it very clear in the letter--use bullets or numbering to separate the paragraphers. Sometimes you need to take them through baby steps with this kind of thing.
            Maybe I should draw some diagrams too =D

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X