Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Credit Reporting Site

Hello -

I just paid off my Chapter 13 and am waiting for it be discharged.

I want to sign up for one of the websites where you can view all three credit reports and get your credit scores. I want to be able to keep track from now on...so I don't want a one-time viewing, I want a website that I can use regularly.

Can anyone tell me what they consider to be the best website and why? There are so many out there, I don't know which one is the most "accurate", user-friendly and is quick to update changes?
    Date Filed: 12/19/2004
    341 Meeting: 2/8/2005
    Date Case Confirmed: 7/12/2005
    Closed on Refinance/Chapter 13 Buyout 8/23/06

Have you read the sticky threads here? I suggest forming a strategy on handling your reports before signing up with a service. Follow the basic advice - first, get paper copies of all three bureau reports so you have a baseline. I recommend paying for your true FICO's at least once and then again twice a year.

Comment

I use Truecredit.com as my monitoring service. I have had it for about 2 months and have not had any problems with it. I get all 3 credit reports and scores..first time fee is $25 and then $14.95 a month.

When I started disputing...I disputed through the Truecredit website with Transunion and Equifax. I had to order my credit report through Experian to dispute with them for $10. I've got all 3 credit reports back from each CRA and they match with Truecredit's reports.

I did buy my scores from each CRA (for like $5 each) just to compare the scores with Truecredit's and they all matched. For me, this site has been correct.

On Truecredit, you can update your report every 24 hrs...and soon as I got my notifications from the CRA's that the disputes were completed...the reports and the scores were updated automatically and matched the scores from the CRA's. For me, this site has worked. Others say that it hasn't for them (according to the threads). But you do have the option to get your free reports from the CRA's from many sites:
      freecreditreport.com and annualcreditreport.com. It is up to you.
      BK DISCHARGED~02/2006
      Aspire cc $400...CNAC (auto) $15,000
      FICO score 8/06 Trans (549) Exp (538) Equi (559)
      FICO score 9/7/06 Trans (583) Exp (564) Equi (621)

Comment

Originally posted by amyl View Post
        I use Truecredit.com as my monitoring service. I have had it for about 2 months and have not had any problems with it. I get all 3 credit reports and scores..first time fee is $25 and then $14.95 a month.

When I started disputing...I disputed through the Truecredit website with Transunion and Equifax. I had to order my credit report through Experian to dispute with them for $10. I've got all 3 credit reports back from each CRA and they match with Truecredit's reports.

I did buy my scores from each CRA (for like $5 each) just to compare the scores with Truecredit's and they all matched. For me, this site has been correct.

On Truecredit, you can update your report every 24 hrs...and soon as I got my notifications from the CRA's that the disputes were completed...the reports and the scores were updated automatically and matched the scores from the CRA's. For me, this site has worked. Others say that it hasn't for them (according to the threads). But you do have the option to get your free reports from the CRA's from many sites:
        freecreditreport.com and annualcreditreport.com. It is up to you.

We shopped around, and heard truecredit was they way to go.
        However with the truecredit, use the Wal-mart link. We (each) paid $13 for the first month and $11.21 each month after, it is for the 3-in-1 plan.
        Use the second offer (grey box), it states $18.70 for the first month however they only charge was $13.70. I thought it was a mistake when we signed up my husband, but once we signed me up it charged the same thing for mine as well $13.70. I called the rep to check what the month charge will be and it is $11.21 per person….so that sounds like the cheapest so far…..good luck
        Here is the Truecredit info through Wal-mart......

Last edited by pink_amulet; 09-01-2006, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Raised the rate but still cheapest route

3-Bureau Credit Monitoring: $18.71 for the 1st month, $11.21/mo thereafter
          Filed 09/05
          Discarged 1/2/06
          Closed 1/13/06

Comment

Thanks for the Walmart Link! I just signed up and much to my surprise, my credit report isn't so bad! Most of my old creditors are reporting correctly.

There are only two items that need to be cleaned up. Two accounts still showing up as open with a balance that were actually IIB. My average score is 611. Anyone know how much it will go up when I get those two derogatory's cleaned up?

Comment

Originally posted by poorme View Post
              Have you read the sticky threads here? I suggest forming a strategy on handling your reports before signing up with a service. Follow the basic advice - first, get paper copies of all three bureau reports so you have a baseline. I recommend paying for your true FICO's at least once and then again twice a year.
              I should have clarified....I did all this. I've already cleaned them all up, gotten my paper copies, made all my disputes and gotten resolutions.

What I am looking for is the best website to keep track of this going forward.

Thanks for the Wal Mart Link...I will look into it!

Comment

Good luck

Originally posted by Jman30 View Post
                I should have clarified....I did all this. I've already cleaned them all up, gotten my paper copies, made all my disputes and gotten resolutions.

What I am looking for is the best website to keep track of this going forward.

Thanks for the Wal Mart Link...I will look into it!

Hope this info helps you. I didn't the know the Wal Mart link was there. :-(
                I see that you are from North Cincinnati..where about? I am north of Cincinnati too...Hamilton/Fairfield.
                BK DISCHARGED~02/2006
                Aspire cc $400...CNAC (auto) $15,000
                FICO score 8/06 Trans (549) Exp (538) Equi (559)
                FICO score 9/7/06 Trans (583) Exp (564) Equi (621)

Comment

Originally posted by amyl View Post
                  Hope this info helps you. I didn't the know the Wal Mart link was there. :-(
                  I see that you are from North Cincinnati..where about? I am north of Cincinnati too...Hamilton/Fairfield.

Wow! We are close! I live in Hamilton Township/Maineville area. In Warren County, right near Fields Ertel.

Who did you use for an attorney?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X