Disputing Now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disputing Now?

I went online with Equifax and Transunion to clean up my report. Is it okay that I have already started disputing items even though the report has not been updated to show my bk7 discharged? I just disputed everything IIB because they had that option by each account. I'm just trying to get a head start on everything and did not want to wait the 30-45 days. Was that okay to do? Please help...................
    Filed- May 31, 2006
    341 Meeting-July 7 , 2006-DONE!!
    DISCHARGED & CLOSED-SEPTEMBER 6, 2006

Originally posted by Tedderbear View Post
    I went online with Equifax and Transunion to clean up my report. Is it okay that I have already started disputing items even though the report has not been updated to show my bk7 discharged? I just disputed everything IIB because they had that option by each account. I'm just trying to get a head start on everything and did not want to wait the 30-45 days. Was that okay to do? Please help...................
    Well most will say you should have waited. But since you already did it.... The conclusion of the investigation will just yield your tradelines to show IIB and your public record updated to discharged bankruptcy.

So no harm no foul.

Comment

Now just double check in 30-60 days and make sure your efforts weren't wasted on deaf ears....... make them follow thru or you'll have to do it all again after discharge.........
      Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

I was in the middle of my Chapter 13 when I started to clean up my credit. I wanted to be ready when I was finished with the 13.

I know that this is not exactly the same as what you are asking, but I don't see any harm in trying to clean up your credit now or later. I found it was easier to wait until it showed my BK on the reports so that I could make sure everything was correctly updated. But you can certainly start disputing items that were not included, bad addresses, credit inquiries, etc

If anything, it will give you some practice in dealing with the credit agencies. There is an art form to it, almost.
        Date Filed: 12/19/2004
        341 Meeting: 2/8/2005
        Date Case Confirmed: 7/12/2005
        Closed on Refinance/Chapter 13 Buyout 8/23/06

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X