My goal for life after Ch13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My goal for life after Ch13

This is the plan: Once discharged (last payment to trustee will be 10/08), I will sell my house. Net proceeds at today's value should be at least 65K, but since I live in paradise favored by wealthy retirees, 200 yards from the ocean, it might well be a bit more by then. Anyway, I will spend no more than 20K on a Lazy Daze RV, which will be my "fulltime house" for as long as I am able to drive and can afford the gasoline (I'm convinced that we are at or near peak oil NOW). I intend to see every corner of this country, spending time volunteering in national forest and national park campgrounds, at national monuments, etc. I have my solar panels and inverter in the shed already, and living expenses will be minimal.
    I will also put 20K or as much as necessary into a good piece of land in a northern state, most likely WA, where the heat will be bearable in 20 years when life in Southern states will no longer be feasible (global warming, lack of electrical power, drinking water, etc.). That way I will have a place to park my motor home and grow my own food. The rest of the money I should probably put into gold, since that green stuff probably won't be worth a darn much longer, the way the government is going.
    The one thing I will NOT do is go into debt. I currently have a few credit cards with 0 balances, have never missed or been late on any payments (I was current the day I filed Ch 13 and had excellent credit), and will probably continue to keep a credit union visa card just for emergencies, but that's it! The only reason people think it's necessary to have "good" credit is, because they want to continue to be "consumers". I'm sitting here surrounded by a house full of absolute clutter. None of it necessary for happiness, that's for sure. There is a level of possessions and comfort we should all strive for called "ENOUGH". I'm looking forward to packing my 3 cats and 1 dog into that 150 sq. ft. motorhome and hitting the road.

Sounds like a good game plan to me............ I'm sure many of us have dreamed the same dream............. hope yours becomes a reality.........
    Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Here's a link for jobs at some of the National Parks:

Xanterra Travel Collection® is the United States’ largest park concessions management company. Combining dramatic settings and landmark buildings with

Don't pay much, but you usually your RV fees are covered.
      *** THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE--ONLY A LAWYER CAN PROVIDE THAT. ***

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

Oh my God Emma,

Are you my twin? I have been thinking the exact same thing. I mean everything you said I have been thinking!!!!! If you have read any of my previous posts I have said that America is going to h*ll in a handbasket and I want to live in an RV and see the country! I am also worried about the $$. I am damned scared to death I won't be able to afford to live in my old age!!!!

Comment

By the way Emma, there is a forum for those doing exactly what you are saying. If I find the link I will post it!

Comment

Hi twin,
            I'm a member of Escapees, which is probably the website you are thinking of. If you are worried about old age, read "The Adventures of Tioga and George" at http://vagabonders-supreme.net . I'm lucky that I have a civil service retirement, which includes medical insurance for life and a 3% annual increase, so I know I shouldn't have to worry much. I have ADD, though, and forget stuff all the time, including not to worry. Hope to get past this Ch 13 without any problems, then life can start over!

Comment

Yes, Emma, that is the website I was talking about. I have 3 kids at home and still want to do this. The problem is that everyone in my circle is so conservative and they will think this is so unconvential and how could I do this to my kids. The kicker is, I will actually have money for once and be living on less and the kids will get to see the states. I am planning on doing this after I finish my nursing degree. My mother in law is the worst about this. She says I will destroy the kids. HA!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X