No announcement yet.

A change I'm going to make

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are all great investments. One thing I saw no-one mention was BONDS?!?! I hear they are the way to go, no?

Also, how about canceling an escrow account on your home loan? Then save that money to invest at the end. Why pay the bank your escrow, while they are making money off it, when you can......

Its an idea, I plan to do it soon also.

Comment

OMG are you kidding??? 401K is the best plan ever. You put money in it and it isn't intended on removing until retirement. My company matches 100 percent up to 6 percent of my salary. That's free money. My investor puts the money into my 401K funds that are most profitable at the time and I check that every quarter.

Comment

Use to agree but the market is so volatile right now. My 401K took a $500 hit yesterday because of one portfolio (small cap value). Ouch! Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by keepmine View Post
          Guys,

Do not pass up the opportunity to open a 401K. In the vast majority of plans, you get an employer match of up to 6%. You're leaving money on the table.
          Both Municiple bonds and 401K's are not totally safe. Both are basically "gambling." 401Ks are combinations of safe and risky stocks, bonds and other things that somehow you need to know how to play like racing handicappers. Certainly you have heard of people's retirement accounts being wiped out because they went too heavily on one thing or another. (Enron was a good example of this. The employees bought company stock. and remember the tech stock collapse of the 90's. Lots of people had their "life savings" wiped out. When I hear savings and stock in the same breath, I kind of think again.
          Not all those who wander are lost....

--J. R. R. Tolkien

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X