X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mvelopes!!

Anyone ever use Mvelopes online?

Any feedback?

I looked at it, but it was expensive in my opinion. I would just do real envelopes and use a piece of paper

Comment

Thanks for the info. I decided to give it a try and signed up, for the 30 day trial.

Comment

A free alternative to Mvelopes!!

At one point in my web wanderings, I came across this & have been using it for several months and LOVE IT!! Although I did look at the Mvelopes system (& even tried to make up something on my own), I thought also Mvelopes were pretty pricey. And then I found www.moneyspot.org (which is now www.mdmproofing.com) Anyway, while he does have a few programs for purchase, he has a huge list of free Excel programs as well as a lot of great articles about debt & money management. I'm now trying the receipt splitter to see how it goes since I'd been figuring the amounts for each "envelope" by adding each section & figuring sales tax for each and, given my amazing math skills, is a MAJOR accident waiting to happen!! Anyway, it's certainly worth checking out. And I do like the fact that he isn't trying to sell anything or push you off into any specific "debt-guru" programs (although he does provide info & reviews about them). He does have a section called his "Shameless Donation Page" if someone wants to donate something in appreciation or to help defray web expenses, but I think what sets him apart from people like those big-name financial planners (who have valid ideas, but they DO make quite a bit of money off the financial troubles of others, after all) is his statement "I love thinking that I helped." Anyway, off my little soapbox!!! Just wanted to share a pretty cool website & here I've given you a sermon!!!

Comment

Can anyone explain what this is in a nutshell without me having to go to one of the links? Thanks if you can.

ep
          California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

From Mvelopes' website: "Mvelopes is an award-winning online budgeting system that helps you manage your spending via your computer or mobile phone."

This is not an endorsement. I do not use this product and know nothing about it. I am simply answering the previous post. Is that disclaimer enough?

Comment

Originally posted by rfassett View Post
              From Mvelopes' website: "Mvelopes is an award-winning online budgeting system that helps you manage your spending via your computer or mobile phone."

This is not an endorsement. I do not use this product and know nothing about it. I am simply answering the previous post. Is that disclaimer enough?
              That's definitely disclaimer enough.

Thanks for 'splaining.

ep
              California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

I had considered using Mvelopes, but I don't want to pay the monthly fee.

I have made a spreadsheet that does the job quite nicely! Plus, I can revise, and revamp it as needed, and I have the ultimate in flexibility.

Envelope budgeting can work well. I call it "advanced spending planning," as instead of getting a picture of the past, I have become proactive, and look at it in advance. I call my "budget" a "spending plan" as well, because it sounds better!
                Filed 8/08 - Discharged 11/08! Not tracking FICO.
                Pre-Bankruptcy Net Worth: -$72,000... Today's net worth: $142,000.
                If your FICO score just went higher than your net worth, and you are happy about this, you might have a financial problem!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X