A Big Step - Savings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Big Step - Savings!

My wife and I opened a ING online savings account today and a Share Builder account with them, both with automatic investments every month. Now, $600/month goes towards our future.

Finally, we're able to pay ourselves FIRST!

I wish we would have filed bankruptcy much sooner therefore started saving earlier!
    Chapter 7 Filed - 11/27/07
    Discharged - 2/29/08
    Unsecured Debt Discharged - $162k +/- (small business, personally guaranteed)
    Finally Closed - 3/1/09

Wow, you are doing WONDERFUL! Congratulations! Nothing makes you feel better than regular savings. After BK it really gives you a sense of empowerment, doesn't it?

I started an ING savings acct. before I was discharged; I now also have two subaccounts and put money into all of them weekly. I love ING, it makes savings so simple and easy.
    Filed Ch. 7 June 14, 2007
    341 Meeting July 19, 2007
    Discharged September 17, 2007
    Closed September 17, 2007

Comment

Congratulations! I dream of the day I am finally able to save some money! I used to save about 1/4th of my paycheck per month, but have not been able to save one penny for about 10 years.
      Not all those who wander are lost....

--J. R. R. Tolkien

Comment

That is SO WONDERFUL! I am excited as well to save again some day, or at least contribute to my 401K again at work.
        filed 3/3/08
        341 meeting 4/8/08
        Trustee declares no asset 4/9/08
        Discharge due 6/9/08

Comment

Yoyoma51, how was ING to work with? Did they give you any hassle about bk or low credit scores? I'd love to know, if you don't mind answering.
          Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

Nope, no hassles at all. Opened account and funded it directly from our bank account.

Also, since this post originated, I decided to go with Zecco Trading instead of Sharebuilder (owned by ING).

No problems there, either.
            Chapter 7 Filed - 11/27/07
            Discharged - 2/29/08
            Unsecured Debt Discharged - $162k +/- (small business, personally guaranteed)
            Finally Closed - 3/1/09

Comment

huh..i heard about ING before but i just opened up a wamu free savings and checking last nite, and im going to use it specifically just for transerring funds for savings in there. i figure even if for right now i can only throw 50 a month in there its better than nothing.
              retained lawyer june 08, filed may 09....341 on 6/26/09- went smooth! Glad to be part of the 60 day club .... AND- 6/27/09- got engaged
              10/30/10- WEDDING!!
              09/04/09-discharged!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X