But I Thought I WAS Being Responsible!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But I Thought I WAS Being Responsible!!

Since our discharge, we have worked hard to rebuild our credit. Currently our FICOs are around 665 for both my wife and I.

Capital One has been very generous in giving us new credit. We have 3 different credit card accounts with them, one being a Orbitz Travel Rewards Visa. We like to travel, so we received that card about 3 months ago and use it for everything in order to build rewards.

We are CRAZY about not having any debt. Whenever we charge anything, we pay it off, usually almost immediately but ALWAYS before the bill comes. We never pay any interest. The last week in March we went to Vegas for 5 days. While we were there, we used the Orbitz Visa for everything. On Friday, April 3, I sent my payment in full via the credit union's bill payer, like I always do.

As of today, even though our account balance is zero, we can't use the card. It is FROZEN. According to Crap One, because we keep making payments on it it set off some type of fraud alert and they have to wait until the funds clear. WTF? We didn't mail a check, the funds are sent electronically. They keep telling us it will be usable again soon, but who knows.

Is this happening to anyone else?
    Chapter 7 Filed - 11/27/07
    Discharged - 2/29/08
    Unsecured Debt Discharged - $162k +/- (small business, personally guaranteed)
    Finally Closed - 3/1/09

It sounds like they are telling you they don't want your bussiness.

Credit card companies are never happy!
    11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

You are what they call a deadbeat, they are not making any money off you as you never let the balance go beyond the grace period. In fact you cost them money since you are earning points and I assume redeeming them, or could redeem them.

So yea ya deadbeat they don't want ya
      3/2/09- Filed: chapter 7 / No asset
      4/1/09- 341 Hearing: 1 creditor showed up Got to love family feuds
      4/2/09- Trustee Report of No Distribution Filed
      6/24/09- Discharged and case closed

Comment

Happened to me couple of years ago on a BOA card that I used for business. I made too many large payments in a month and it set off some kind of dumb alert. Soon as the electronic payment cleared, it was fine.

btw, banks make money whether you pay interest or not through the processing fees. They just love to make MORE money through interest and the almighty late and over the limit fees!

Comment

The card companies don't pay for the rewards, anyway. They pass on the extra expense to merchants in higher credit card processing fees. Just more reasons not to do business with credit cards.

Comment

Got that right.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X