Do any of you use mint.com?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do any of you use mint.com?

I've had it connected to my bank since april, but only in the last month or so have I categorized all the transactions and looked over my history.

It really helps me see my spending habits at a granular level.

I have some questions though about how to handle budgeting categories. If any of you use it let me know.

I use a similar service, Yodlee,
    North Carolina

Comment

I've been checking it out. My one beef with it is that you cannot add your own cash-on-hand account. You can't really work with money sources other than what is in your online bank accounts.

For example, if my wife gives me $40 cash for gas or groceries, I can't account for the expenditure of those funds through Mint. Unless I deposit it into my bank account first, which I think is kind of dumb.

But they say they are working on adding a feature where you can manage a cash (non-bank) account, so I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Comment

The main problem I have with mint is the inability to schedule my paychecks according to my pay schedule. You can only schedule monthly income, no bi-weekly. So it over budgets my monthly income in two pay periods months, and under budgets in the months I get three pay checks.
        Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

I use Mint as well but it won't connect to my CU account.

Comment

I use it!
            Attorney Retained/Paid: 1-4-10
            Online CCC-Completed & Cert Received: 1-8-10
            Filed Chapter 7 1-18-10.
            341 3-10-10 ~~~ Last Day to Object: 5-10-10

Comment

I've just started using it, but I believe it's in its beta version. So I do hope they add more to it.
              This isn't legal advice, I'm in the same boat you are.

Talked to lawyer Feb 25,2010
              Stopped paying / using credit cards march 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by outofdebt201 View Post
                I've just started using it, but I believe it's in its beta version. So I do hope they add more to it.
                Definitely not in it's Beta version. Mint.com was recently bought by Quicken, I've been using it for a while. Works great on my Iphone.

Logan

Comment

No. I tried signing up for it, but since it can't connect to all of my accounts, it is pretty much an exercise in futility. As well, it is quite tedious having to reassign incorrect transaction categories. They would have to do much better to be worthwhile.

Comment

I use it and like it. It's not perfect, but I do like categorizing everything and it runs fairly smoothly.
                    Ch 13 filed 06/22/09. Dismissed,thankfully, 03/31/10. Ch 7 filed 06/28/10. 341 07/29/10. UST POA 08/06/10. UST mot to dismiss hearing extended to Dec...Feb...March...May...Aug. UST withdrawal of dismissal filed 05/31! DISCHARGED 07/12/2011!

Comment

Mint's best feature...

I set it up about a year ago. Haven't really used it, but it sends me an instant email any time my bank charges me a fee! Luckily my first few overdrafts are only $3 but this allows me to transfer money before I get dinged again! I remember my last bank charged $20 and didn't inform me untill 3 days later via snail mail ($300 in fees later!) So, this feature is worth it's weight in gold!

Comment

I absolutely love Mint. I signed up a few years ago when it was new, thought the site was pretty clunky so quit using it. Finally, after getting like 20 emails begging me to come back, I started using it a few months ago. Much improved! All of my bank accounts are compatible and the budgeting tools are wonderful.

I no longer have to use spreadsheets, etc. Love it!

Comment

It looks pretty handy dandy, but right now I use a trial version of Moneydance and have been manually inputting my transactions. I actually kind of enjoy doing it that way. How is Mint compared to something like Moneydance? I only have a few more transactions that I can put in before they want me to buy a license.
                          Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
                          Discharged: August 2010
                          A life lesson well learned.

Comment

Originally posted by iswmle View Post
                            It looks pretty handy dandy, but right now I use a trial version of Moneydance and have been manually inputting my transactions. I actually kind of enjoy doing it that way. How is Mint compared to something like Moneydance? I only have a few more transactions that I can put in before they want me to buy a license.
                            I don't use moneydance but I use Quicken. Personally I like to have Quicken and Mint. When I'm away from home I can access mint through my iphone, ipad or a computer but Quicken is only on my home computer.

Logan

Comment

I signed up and am playing around on it now. I haven't fully explored the site, so I am a little confused on how it calculated my monthly budget for gas, food, clothing, etc. I set up a goal for a emergency savings fund that I think I will find very motivating.
                              Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
                              Discharged: August 2010
                              A life lesson well learned.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X