Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit union

Hey folks,
    I seem to get a lot of flak from my local bank around here, I always seem like I feel there looking at me weird for making cash withdraws, I seem to get third degree when I cash checks made to me, I have actually had them refuse deposits of checks from other banks and had to get the check cashed at wal mart.

Currently I have a checking and savings and I keep a significant balance in both. But I am tired of feeling like I have to fight to manage our money Like I like to.

I was wondering, Are CU's typically more personable and agreeable? I have never been a member of a CU, But after my recent dealings with my current bank, I really want to find a better way.

One thing that bothers them seemingly, Is I do ALOT of cash transaction back and forth. $1000 cash deposit here, $1000 cash withdraw there, etc... Recently wanted to withdraw $3000 cash and they wouldn't do it. Claimed the manager wasn't onsite and they couldn't allow a withdraw that large until she came back.

Its really frustrating seeing I have had as much as $60,000 in my account one would think they would be tripping over themselves to make me happy. It is a free account, maybe I need to get a paid account somewhere.

So what do you think, Would I have any better luck with a CU?
    Chapter 7
    Filed, 12/21/2010
    Discharged, 03/30/2011

I've done my banking (checking and savings) EXCLUSIVELY with CUs for the past 10 years. When I was with a commercial bank, they charged me $12 a month just for having a checking account. I opened a checking account with the CU and not only did they NOT CHARGE a monthly fee, they paid me interest on the little bit I did keep in the account.

I'll never go back. Now yes, I have had CCs with regular banks.

P.S. I just noticed you're also in MO. What part of the state? If you're in Central MO, I'd highly recommend First Financial CU.
    Last edited by doni49; 04-19-2013, 08:20 PM. Reason: Added P.S.
    Don
    Filed Pro Se on 8/4/11 (No Asset, Chapter 7)
    Redeemed Automobile ProSe (722 Redemption),Discharged on 11/3/11

Comment

I just noticed this post was from LAST YEAR.

Sorry for reviving such an old thread!
      Don
      Filed Pro Se on 8/4/11 (No Asset, Chapter 7)
      Redeemed Automobile ProSe (722 Redemption),Discharged on 11/3/11

Comment

My CU treats me like a second class citizen and it's really beginning to p*ss me off. I can't go thru the drivethru and if I go inside to make a deposit or cash a check they have acct flagged and have to call a supervisor to get approval to take my money... My car with them is in my 13 and they are actually making more interest thru the trustee than the original loan ... I am looking for alternatives

Comment

My CU treats me great. I've have literally never had a problem with them...ever...not even once....in 15+ years of membership. I could give so many examples of them bending over backwards for me. Even with my BK, they treated me well. Post-BK, I'm still with them.

Love my CU.

I've had secondary accounts with other CUs and banks. Most CUs are pretty solid, but I did have one bad one. Most banks either have poor customer service or high fees, and often both.
          Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X