top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Student Loans be included in Means Test?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Student Loans be included in Means Test?

My student loan payments are/will be about 1600/mo (they come out of deferment in 3 months). Can I include these in my means test? I am out of deferment/forebearance time, so they HAVE to be paid.
    --------------------------------------------
    As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness. ~Henry David Thoreau

Generally, no.

Comment

My student loan payment was included because they consider it a payment you must make.

Comment

We included mine, but as a special circumstance, as I have no choice but to pay them - we'll see if it flies, but basically BK laws what they are there is really no other choice but to pay them. We are filing BK because of the student loans. We included them.
        Teacher Momma

Comment

I used it in mine. They never questioned it.

Comment

I did not include mine in the means test but did put it on Sched. J. I passed the means test anyways though.
            Filed Ch. 7 Pro Se: 12/11/08
            341 Meeting: 1/7/09
            Trustee's Report of No Distribution: 1/9/09
            Discharged: 3/10/09

Comment

Those who DID put studetn loans in your means test

Where did you put the student loans on your means test? Some of you said you did include them. Where on the test did you do that? Also, what state are you in? THANKS!
              --------------------------------------------
              As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness. ~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Wantmypeace View Post
                Where did you put the student loans on your means test? Some of you said you did include them. Where on the test did you do that? Also, what state are you in? THANKS!
                TTT for this question.
                1/15/10 Filed ch7 2/18/10 314 meeting
                2/22/10 Report of No Distribution
                4/20/10 Discharged 5/20/10 Closed!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X