top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salliemae/ECMC - how long after discharge (ch13) did it take to receive a bill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salliemae/ECMC - how long after discharge (ch13) did it take to receive a bill?

How long did it take after your discharge to receive a bill from Salliemae (actually the loan was bought out by ECMC)? We've been discharged for almost 3 weeks and have not heard from them.

i did ch7 not 13, but i actually had to call sallie mae and argue with them weekly 2 months after discharge since they were capitalizing interest monthly and wouldn't let me make a payment, it was aggravating, my advice to you is start now and be persistent...they claim they never got the paperwork, just keep calling, get names and keep track of everything...good luck

Comment

I just wanted to update in case anyone else had the same question in the future. We were discharged in mid August and just last week (October 29th) did we receive any information from Salliemae about DH's student loan and what the new payment would be. Salliemae sells the loan to another company (in our case ECMC) during the bankruptcy and after discharge they buy/transfer the loan back. DH was in constant communication with them (even before discharge) and it still took 2 months for them to complete their paperwork.

Comment

We are planning a chapter 13... so uh while you are making payments to your bk you dont pay on your student loan? Why would the courts make you do that? The interest just keeps adding up for the 3 years??

Comment

In our case my DH's student loan was in forbearance the entire 4.5 years. It wasn't included in the bankruptcy, but we did not pay on it during that time. I'm sure we could have if we wanted to outside of the bankruptcy, but we did not have the money to be able to do that.

Comment

It took Sallie Mae about 2 months to get their acts together with my account. I called many times because they had not given me back online access. Luckily I'm in school deferrment so the wait wasn't hurting me but I just got an email from them this morning giving me back my account and having me be "normal" to them again.
            BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
            Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

I was just wondering the same thing...

Both the Court and I mailed Sallie Mae my discharge. I have also faxed them on two separate occasions. They say they have yet to receive any notification.

I was planing on sending them the discharge certified mail next, but I was also concerned that something was 'wrong' with my sallie mae account - I am glad to know I am not alone.

=)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X