? on Direct loans & BK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? on Direct loans & BK

My first payment on my student loan isn't due until December, my loan is with Direct Loans.

Now that I have filed for BK, does it automatically put the loan into forbearance for 6 months afterwords? I thought I heard something about that, but can't find a reference to it.

Also, does anybody know if Direct Loans sends monthly bills when the payment is due?
    8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
    11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

The loan will go into bankruptcy status and you won't be required to make payments till you're out, however I'm not sure about the 6 month thing. Mine did not do 6 months. They will continue to accrue interest while you're in bankruptcy though.
    BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
    Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Your loan with Direct Loans will only be in forbearance until your bankruptcy is discharged, but you can ask for a longer forbearance if you need it.
      You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

I have a loan with Direct Loans and we filed on 10/28. I received my monthly statement from them yesterday so it appears they are going to continue sending them.

Comment

My loans are with Direct loans. They went into a "bankruptcy forbearance" while I was in bankruptcy. They went out of bankruptcy forbearance when I was discharged. My case is not closed yet as it is an asset case, but my loans are out of bankruptcy forbearance as of my discharge date.
          You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

I have not yet received a statement from them to begin payments, although I expect that will start any day now. I was discharged the end of last month, so soon the payments will begin. I hope they will start up the statements, it makes it much easier to pay when billed.
            8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
            11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X