top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so AES called today via CA (new reduced payment plan!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so AES called today via CA (new reduced payment plan!)

So I am 103 days past due on my aes loans (I have over 200K with them). Diversified Collection has been calling me for quite sometime and I thought today I would talk to them. They were calling to offer their new "RP Plan" that they claim to have just rolled out. In this plan I would pay $25 or 50 per loan (my choice) and all arrearages are forgiven (rolled back into the loan). I know this doesn't help in terms of paying it off.......but in terms of getting back on track it helps. Thought I would post this in case there are others dealing with aes who need a break. They took down very basic financial information, so I could have said anything, and it was approved in 10 mins. It goes in three month increments and you just reapply. It can be up to 24 months, but I already used a year of forbearance so I only have a year left.
    Anyways-fyi for anyone dealing with them. Hopefully other private loan companies will follow suit. I have read so much about whether SOL applies to TERI loans, so perhaps if it does apply this is just a way to keep you paying. Worked for me.
    Teacher Momma

I don't understand. What do you mean by "In this plan I would pay $25 or 50 per loan (my choice) and all arrearages are forgiven (rolled back into the loan)."

Comment

That post was a while ago, but they said I could do a few month of 25 or 50 payments, whatever I could afford and when I made the first one they reset all my payments I was behind. It was called the "RP" Plan if you are talking with them. And last I heard it went up to a $100 per loan not $25/50.
      Teacher Momma

Comment

I would be very careful of third party deals. If you are thinking of bk, you understand student loans are not exempt. I think they can be paid within your plan, but never 200k. I had no idea what school costs these days.

I would not make any deal with a third party. Stick with a lawyer if you have one. Be careful. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

This is from my servicer not third party.
          Teacher Momma

Comment

Originally posted by TeacherMomma View Post
            That post was a while ago, but they said I could do a few month of 25 or 50 payments, whatever I could afford and when I made the first one they reset all my payments I was behind. It was called the "RP" Plan if you are talking with them. And last I heard it went up to a $100 per loan not $25/50.
            Can you elaborate a bit more? A few month of 25 or 50 payments? Can you give an example? So if the private loan is 20k, how much do you pay monthly?

Comment

Is AES servicing a guaranteed student loan or a private student loan?

Comment

In my case they are private loans.
                Teacher Momma

Comment

I got a few months behind twice they forgave the 2 months and i just made my usual payment. My worry is now im gonna have interest when i file chap 13. From what I hear you cannot cont to make payments on student loans.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X