No announcement yet.

Cash left over from Student Loans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I received a letter in the mail stating the deadline for this was January of each year. I will go back through and make sure it was the TEACH grant, because it does not state a deadline on the website. I could have swirn it said the TEACH grant on the paper.

I could be wrong on this one though. I should be able to get the TEACH grant as long as the school list my minor. My minor is in special education, but I could not claim this until I enrolled in the university program. The only thing is about this grant is that you are required to teach in a Title 1 school. The Title 1 schools can be tough for 1st year teachers. I completed my observations in a Title 1 school. Over 8 students were absent each day in one classroom, I read paper after papers were students could not write a sentence, and the teachers struggled to keep students scores at state min. The teacher turnover also was really high.

Sorry to get off subject. Thanks for the info. I will look into what the notice was they sent and see if it is something that may have been missed that should have been filled out by myself or the school.
    Chapter 7 filed on 4/23/2010
    341 meeting on 5/28/2010
    Discharged on 8/19/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X