top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

crosspost from CH 13 forum re sallie mae and ch 13 fed student consolidation loan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crosspost from CH 13 forum re sallie mae and ch 13 fed student consolidation loan

Well I guess Sallie Mae finally processed the Ch 13 notice - website access is disabled...that I take it is normal, right?

Which I still don't quite "get" as the loan will CLEARLY survive BK and is not dischargable - so if I can/want to send them $$, outside of the plan, why make it harder??

ANd, does Sallie Mae show up at 341's? They're the biggest creditor we have - and we almost defaulted until they approved a low income deferment EIGHT months after the fact and after losing info month after month after month.

That is fairly typical for all loans (student loans included). Bankruptcy essentially stops all collection activity by law. Online access can be construed as 'collection activity,' hence most lenders restrict online access just to play it safe.

Also, from what I observed when I was going through my bankruptcy, it seems to be rary for ANY creditors to show up for the 341. I have heard of some showing up if there is a possible reaffirmation or AP, but the 341's are so limited in time that most creditors don't show up.
    Filed: 6/30/2010
    341: 7/26/2010
    Discharged: 10/6/2010

Comment

Thanks!!!!! Especially since by definition the student loans ain't going nowhere - so to speak!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X