When does SL come back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When does SL come back?

Should I expect a bill after discharge or after close?
    Jessica
    Filed Chapter 7 (Minnesota): 5/23/11
    Discharged 8/30/11, Not yet closed...

My husband and I have student loans. We received letters for each one that indicated how much the loan was for, interest rate and the interest that got accrued while we were in bankruptcy and laid out the payment schedule going forward. We were discharged 8/2 and the first payment is due on the student loans on 10/1. I think you should receive a letter/bill, but if you don't, contact them. Sometimes student loans get lost, as servicers get changed, etc. My husband had an old one that this happened to many years ago and for several years, the servicer who had been getting the payments from the initial repayment period, suddenly wouldn't take them anymore but didn't know where to tell him to send them. It turned into a defaulted mess which we later straightened out through much perseverance in tracking down the new servicer.
    Figured out we were in trouble: (Wait, we're in trouble? ) Stopped paying creditors: Aug 2010 Filed Chap 7: Apr 29, 2011 341: Jun 1, 2011 Report of no distribution: Jun 1, 2011 Discharged Aug 2, 2011

Comment

Your SL servicer sounds pretty nice compared to mine. I was discharged in late July, MOHELA generated the bill on Thursday, 8/4, received bill on Saturday, 8/6. Bill was due on 8/6. Pretty nice huh?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X