Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting student loan after chapter 7

Hi guys,

Has anyone have gotten a Grad Plus loan after chapter 7?
    I am accepted to a graduate school and attending this fall; however, I am a bit concerned about getting a Grad Plus loan. To get it, I can not have an adverse credit history, and it says, "You are considered to have an adverse credit history if, within 5 years of the date of the credit report, you have been the subject of a bankruptcy discharge."

The thing is, I was decharged in early 2008, so I'm in between 4 and 5 years.
    Would I be able to get the loan or likely be denied? I am just worried about not getting the loan.
    Any thought or insight would be appreciated.

By the way, excuse my poor grammar and being somewhat inarticulate. I've tried to edit it, but the system won't let me. So, you guys just have to excuse me for it.

Comment

If that is what it says, then you will probably have a problem getting a Grad Plus Student Loan

In general, for most student loans, credit worthiness, and hence BK, are not really an issue.

All you can do is apply for the loan and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by grasshopper View Post
        Hi guys,

Has anyone have gotten a Grad Plus loan after chapter 7?
        I am accepted to a graduate school and attending this fall; however, I am a bit concerned about getting a Grad Plus loan. To get it, I can not have an adverse credit history, and it says, "You are considered to have an adverse credit history if, within 5 years of the date of the credit report, you have been the subject of a bankruptcy discharge."

The thing is, I was decharged in early 2008, so I'm in between 4 and 5 years.
        Would I be able to get the loan or likely be denied? I am just worried about not getting the loan.
        Any thought or insight would be appreciated.
        I can assure you that you will not get the loan without a cosigner until 5 years have passed. They are pencil pushers who check off boxes, the rules are the rules.

I just got a cosigner and had no problem, as soon as I graduated I consolidated and the cosigner was therefore dropped.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X