341 experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 experience

When I look back at all the agonizing I went through...I realize that the 341 is just another business transaction. Yes, I was asked about a lot of stuff...but complete honesty made the process straight forward. Lots of worry before hand, but once I was sitting with the trustee I was confident that I was going to come through it just fine. At lot of that confidence came from this forum. Again...thank you everyone for your help.

One thing I noticed.. I watch several cases before mine. All were represented by attorney. Most of the attorneys had failed to provide all the paperwork...some missing schedules, some missing the tax returns. I was surprised that lawyers seemed to do such a hap-hazard job of it.

Now, I filed Pro Se. I noticed that everyone else was in the "hot seat" for about 3-5 minutes. I was questioned in depth for nearly 45 minutes. There seemed to be an effort on the part of the trustee to get me to say something that would prove to him I used an attorney...or some organization gave me legal advice against the law. He would come again and again back to the same questions ... Maybe looking to see if he could trip me up?

He questioned each and every exemption . Questioned me about asserts that were long gone (a truck gone 10 years ago..etc). He questioned me about my living situation, and where I was going. How my family was going to do without me to be there to help out..etc.

I think I was run through the mill far more than others...maybe because I was Pro Se?

At the end, the trustee complimented me on the thorough filing, the clean and precise documentation I provided.

Still..I waited almost a month before the trustee filed the motion with the court to seek discharge from the case...no assets...no disbursement.

Congratulations on your 341. You did very well. It seems that this trustee did not believe your very meticulous records. In the fact that he questioned you so closely at your 341, you may not have any further issues, as you wait on your Discharge.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X