Divorce after 3 years through 5 year Repayment Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Divorce after 3 years through 5 year Repayment Plan

My wife and I filed for bankruptcy chapter 13 together almost 3 years ago. We have a 5 year repayment plan however we are filing for a divorce. I was wondering how this would affect our case. Would it shorten the length of the repayment plan? Any information is much appreciated.

I did the same thing, but my ex-spouse was a non-debtor, so I only modified my plan to account for two households (alimony). The options are, for joint filers, to just keep it going as-is, split the plan but still have joint administration, or to each go in a different direction. The plan could be split, so you could each choose to convert to Chapter 7, stay in the Chapter 13, or dismiss. At least that's the way that I understand the options. I don't think it would shorten the duration since that is set based on the filing date.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X