341 meeting 12/30 Durham NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 meeting 12/30 Durham NC

Today was my 341 hearing. Arrived about an hour early at 8am and checked in and went to my budget class and that lasted untill 12. Had an hour lunch break and then went into the courtroom for my 341.

The trustee intrduced himself to everyone and we all stood up and took the oath that we would tell the truth. He then explained that when it was our turn he would ask you to state you name, address and employer. Then he would ask 3 standard quesations.
    1. Do you have and court ordered support
    2. Have you filed all of your taxes
    3. Did you provide all the neccasary information to your attorney

I had to wait about 40 minutes to be called but he was going through them very quickly. Only a few people he asked some other questions. When it was my turn it was just the standard 3 questions and I was done. From the time I sat down untill the time I was excused was about 1 minute.

This was a piece of cake. Nobody needs to worry about the hearing at all. Thanks to everone on this forum for the support.
    Filed 11-19-09
    341 12-30-09
    8 payments down 52 to go

Congrats i filed mine 29th of dec so maybe my 341 will be last week of jan or first wk of feb , and was so happy with my plan $385 for 60 months what a big relief hope the trustee wont make any changes Happy New Year!!!!

Comment

Congrats!
      North Carolina

Comment

Congrats! I had mine the 30th as well.. showed up early... five people before us... they were all in and out in 2 minutes max...

then it came to us... my wife said 3 words total... her first and last name and "yes"...
        the discussion after that regarded some of the things I want to buy back from the court... my motorcycle, a toy hauler and my wife and kids' dirtbikes... the disposition value on them came to $6725... I had offered $2000 and he said he wanted $6,000. I told him I was utilizing the wildcard exemption of $2,000 which would drop the values to $4,725.... then he said that he'd lose 25% due to selling fees... I offered $3,500 and it was accepted... payable over six months...

The only thing now is some land I own in New Mexico... some brokers there told me it's worth about $1,800 with a normal marketing period of about a year... on a "quick sale" or "auction sale", the value is about $750.. but after sales commissions and closing costs, I'd have to pay them... so I'm going to let them decide if they want it or not...

glad you got it over with as well! 60 days to go!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X