341 was a Breeze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 was a Breeze

I am so excited and relieved about our 341 this morning and have no one to share my joy with IRL, lol. So here it is...

Got to the courthouse at 9 to meet our lawyer. Went over a few last minute details and paperwork. He brought us into the room at 9:45 to watch others, our time was scheduled for 10. 9:55 the Trustee excused himself to go get coffee, didnt' get back until 10:20. 2 more people go up with no problems. Trustee was fast, nice, and making jokes. The guy before us was a disaster. Lawyer didn't have half the paperwork, the other half was all wrong. The trustee was really mad...of course right before our turn.

Sat down, got sworn in, he asked our lawyer if there were any amendments and our lawyer explained he added on a personal injury lawsuit that I am in the middle of. The lawsuit is probably worth $10k, our lawyer said he is going to use the rest of our exemption...trustee said we are a no assett case..whew. He just asked us our jobs, if we were keeping the house and wished us luck. Took about 2 mins.

I was really nervous about my lawsuit and tax return, but so far it seems that we will be keeping them. Glad to be in the 60 day club.

Congrats! Wishing you a smooth 60 days!
    *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

Congrats! Now you can start the 60 day countdown.
      Stopped Payings CC's: 8/14/2009 | Retained Attorney: 9/23/2009 | Filed CH 7: 12/7/2009 | 341 Meeting: 1/21/2010 - Complete | Discharged: 4/9/2010
      "One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

Comment

Congrats! Good luck!

Comment

60 day?

Still learning here....what is the reference to the next 60 days?
          Thanks.

Comment

Congrats!
            All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
            Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Congrats!
              North Carolina

Comment

Great job!

Comment

Originally posted by bkstuff View Post
                  Still learning here....what is the reference to the next 60 days?
                  Thanks.
                  After the 341, creditors have 60 days to object or file claims. Except the government- they get longer. Once you pass that 60 day mark, you know what the claims are. Sometimes creditors don't file a claim, most of the time they do, though. (my experience)
                  All posts are opinion only- I am not an attorney.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X