top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

341 Tomorrow! (Eastern District of California)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Tomorrow! (Eastern District of California)

Well, our 341 is tomorrow.. 8AM, bright and early.

The trustee has continuances starting at 7:30, so I'm going to sit in on those to size him up.

I'm amazingly not all that worried about it. We did all of our counseling, the lawyer is pretty sharp, numbers all look reasonable...so it should be easy. *crosses fingers*

Everything worked out for us. The trustee only asked the basic questions, nothing more.

I guess it helped that our case was pretty easy. Not like some of the other ones we saw...one guy had 8 horses, and another had an airplane!

Anyhow, 341 was extremely easy...not worth any of fretting I did over it.

Comment

That's great. Yeah, in the chapter 7 we heard cases where people had multiple rental properties, or had cars and a boat and whatever, and I had to laugh to think how poor we must have sounded compared to them.

Comment

Hello jalex! We have our 341 meeting next week, also in the Eastern District of California. I'm glad to hear that your meeting was uneventful, that's what I'm hoping for as well. We don't have anything like horses or airplanes so hopefully it will be fairly painless! Thanks for posting!

Comment

Originally posted by freedom0717 View Post
          Hello jalex! We have our 341 meeting next week, also in the Eastern District of California. I'm glad to hear that your meeting was uneventful, that's what I'm hoping for as well. We don't have anything like horses or airplanes so hopefully it will be fairly painless! Thanks for posting!
          Good luck! If there is one bit of advice I can give...just answer yes or no. Don't volunteer anything, don't try to make smalltalk, just answer the questions. There were many people that were nervous and got some extra scrutiny because they blurted out something that caught the trustee's attention. When you're in the hot seat like that, with your entire financial life for the past few years floating around in your head it is pretty easy to say something that has no bearing on your case, but will make the trustee grill you further.

Also, make sure you are very clearly saying YES or NO..not yeah, uh huh, or any of that. They tape it, so the trustee wants your response to be clear.

Otherwise, just relax, you'll do fine. Unless you're hiding 8 horses and an airplane at your vacation house!

Comment

Congratulations Jalex. Welcome to the 60 Day Club.
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Jalex - HAHAHA! Thanks for the laugh! Luckily I don't have 8 horses and an airplane hiding at my vacation home! Thank you for the advice, I REALLY appreciate it! I will definitly be following your instructions!! Thank you again for posting. For those of us that haven't experienced these things yet, it's so helpful to get advice from others. Thank you!

Comment

Step by step, day by day, your 341 is over........enjoy the next 60 days!! Welcome!!
                (first 341 10/14/09, cont'd 341 10/23/09) (12/14/09 last day to object) (341 Shows HELD w/tt report of no distribution 1/9/2010)
                :clapping Discharged 1/25/2010 Case Closed 3/11/2010:D

Comment

Jalex, who was your Trustee? I too have a 341 in March in the Eastern District of California, and I found on Pacer that our Trustee is Jeffery Vetter. Like to know if its the same guy.

Potsie834
                  Filed BK7 on 1/16/10:
                  341 on 3/16/10 (No Asset)
                  Discharged 5/17/10 (Fresh Start)

Comment

Don't volunteer anything
                    Yes -- we had a bunch of accounts receivable listed that I don't think the trustee even noticed among all the other pages. Someone else failed to list theirs, of much less value, so they had to mention it, and the trustee sure was interested.

Comment

Originally posted by potsie834 View Post
                      Jalex, who was your Trustee? I too have a 341 in March in the Eastern District of California, and I found on Pacer that our Trustee is Jeffery Vetter. Like to know if its the same guy.

Potsie834
                      Nope, it's not the same guy. We're up in the Sacramento area, and Michael Burkhart was our trustee. You might try doing a Google search for something like "Jeffery Vetter trustee" and see if anything interesting pops up. You can also sit in on some of his other 341 hearings if you really want to check him out. That's pretty much what I did. I went in early for ours to listen to a few before hand to see what everything was all about.

Comment

Originally posted by freedom0717 View Post
                        Jalex - HAHAHA! Thanks for the laugh! Luckily I don't have 8 horses and an airplane hiding at my vacation home! Thank you for the advice, I REALLY appreciate it! I will definitly be following your instructions!! Thank you again for posting. For those of us that haven't experienced these things yet, it's so helpful to get advice from others. Thank you!
                        You're welcome, and good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan1951 View Post
                          Step by step, day by day, your 341 is over........enjoy the next 60 days!! Welcome!!
                          Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mtbc View Post
                            Yes -- we had a bunch of accounts receivable listed that I don't think the trustee even noticed among all the other pages. Someone else failed to list theirs, of much less value, so they had to mention it, and the trustee sure was interested.
                            That was one of the things I noticed as well. The items that caused the most uncomfortable grilling were the ones that didn't make it on the paperwork, but came up in the answers to other questions. His whole attitude shifted once he found one of those. So even an honest omission that pops up later will bring greater scrutiny.

Comment

In the Fresno division of the Eastern court of California the trustee (Robert Hawkins) used each case to highlight different issues and also similarities. In my case I listed to reaffirmation the house, at the 341 he asked what my intents were and I responded we would surrender the house. His response was "well since your 160% underwater, that is a good decision." I'm sure 95% i attendance at that 341 were underwater on their homes! Also, make sure you turn the ringer off your mobile phone.
                              November 2, 2009: Filed Chapter 7, December 10, 2009: 341 Done! January 11, 2010 Last Day for Objections! February 9, 2010 Discharged!!! February 12, 2010 Case Closed, MyFico on 11/09: 550, Now: 715!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X