341 Meeting complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Meeting complete

Probably took about 5 minutes or so. After we were sworn in we answered the standard questions like name, address, reading the documents and so on. We did get questioned about our income because we are $14k over the median. Also asked how we got into $58k in debt. That was pretty much it for us. The trustee said goodbye, we thanked him and left.

The conversation between the trustee and lawyers before everyone started made it quite clear that tax refunds would be taken.

So happy we didn't get the trustee that was appointed at the beginning of the year. The lawyers and our trustee talked about her as everyone was waiting to start. Guess she is really hardcore being she is new. The lawyers told our trustee that she was taking anything and everything she was entitled to take. Didn't matter how small the amount. The one lawyer said his client filed due to loss of hours at work and ended up being laided off 2 days after filing. She took his last check and told him that she knew he wouldn't be using it on daily expenses. Ouch!

Our trustee did tell a story about a former trustee. She had taken a Kirby vacuum as an asset and a few months later she was still using it to vacuum her office. He joked that she was probably breaking 40 different statutes. Seemed strange he would discuss this in front of everyone.
    Stopped Payings CC's: 8/14/2009 | Retained Attorney: 9/23/2009 | Filed CH 7: 12/7/2009 | 341 Meeting: 1/21/2010 - Complete | Discharged: 4/9/2010
    "One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

Didn't take long for the report of No Distribution.

Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution: I, Mickey Mouse, having been appointed trustee of the estate of the above-named debtor(s), report that I have neither received any property nor paid any money on account of this estate; that I have made a diligent inquiry into the financial affairs of the debtor(s) and the location of the property belonging to the estate; and that there is no property available for distribution from the estate over and above that exempted by law. Pursuant to Fed R Bank P 5009, I hereby certify that the estate of the above-named debtor(s) has been fully administered. I request that I be discharged from any further duties as trustee.
    Stopped Payings CC's: 8/14/2009 | Retained Attorney: 9/23/2009 | Filed CH 7: 12/7/2009 | 341 Meeting: 1/21/2010 - Complete | Discharged: 4/9/2010
    "One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

Comment

Great news and congrats.

Comment

Congrats!
        North Carolina

Comment

Woo hoo!! Good for you!!
          Attorney Retained/Paid: 1-4-10
          Online CCC-Completed & Cert Received: 1-8-10
          Filed Chapter 7 1-18-10.
          341 3-10-10 ~~~ Last Day to Object: 5-10-10

Comment